Author Topic: pintara gli 1990 help  (Read 1922 times)

Offline petey

• antrx.com junior member
pintara gli 1990 help
« on: Mar 10, 2009, 06:53PM »
does anyone know if i can put a trx or anyother body kit on my pintara gli 1990?
and a price estamate?
ohhh and what engine mods can i do legally when im on my p's?
CHEERS =)

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
Re: pintara gli 1990 help
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2009, 07:36PM »
Engine mods - depends on the state your in, you should be more specific. SA has no limits, which is where i am, so i cant help.

Body Kit - IIRC all pintaras have the same base front bumper bar, and if you buy the trx front lip its screws into the front bar. Side skirts also fit, but to have the sideskirts you need to have the mudflaps, all screws in aswell. Rear bar probably the same, but im not sure, so someone else will chime in to help with this

as for other kits, subaru wrx 97-00 front bars apparently fit with extremely minor modification, and many others can be made to fit with a but more modification eg c33 laurel, r33 skyline.

Price estimate - depends on how much u can get a second hand trx kit for. some people sell for 75-100, others want 3-400 for a kit.

if you go aftermarket wrx or whatever, your looking at much more.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline sxtacy

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2009, 12:55AM »
As far as engine mods go, anything not easily noticeable is a good start.

Like a cold air intake made out of plumbing pipe painted black and bolted straight up to the standard filter box. A pod is a defect I think.
ECU chip
Cat back exhaust, without the huge cannon on the back, just a tip. Or add extractors and get a metal cover made up over them.
and add a new camshaft as well

Thats all I can think of now.

If you do all that properly hardly anyone will be able to tell that it isn't stock, let alone a cop, so you shouldn't have any trouble, but you get a whole lot more power  ;D

nothing.

Offline petey

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2009, 07:38PM »
thanks for the help lol.. i already have extractors lol..... yeah im just pretty exited bout my first car lol... and have the money to do a few mods lol....  ;D

Offline sxtacy

« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2009, 01:18AM »
No worries mate, have fun with it  :D

Just thought i'd add that you should check out the garage11 online store, has a fair bit of stuff on there, like the ECU chips  :)(by the way, they are awesome! I don't know how good the CA20 is, but the KA24 chip is SO worth the money!)
nothing.

Offline petey

« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2009, 09:33PM »
im gunna defenatly invest in a new ecu!  ;D... i had no idea they were that cheap lol.. and im putting a cold air intake in tomorrow..
so should be fun hehe...
ummm i payed $700 for the car i was just wondering if i got a good buy?

Offline sxtacy

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2009, 12:04AM »
$700 with rego? then yeah, i'd say you got a good deal. I paid $400 for my Pintara T without rego and roady, and with a long list of stuff to fix including the clutch. Lucky I could do it all myself, otherwise it would have cost at least a grand more.
nothing.

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2009, 12:05AM »
i got my T for 1200, and i still consider it a bargain to this day
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline petey

« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2009, 12:20PM »
it was $700 without reg or roady.... lol
but it only has done 190,000
the only problem iv had with it so far is the brake master cylinder... im pretty sure the valves have shrunk and im not sure how to replace them.. so would i be better off just replacing the whole cylinder?
thanks!  ;D