Author Topic: Eclipse Head Unit  (Read 2485 times)

Offline omad

• antrx.com senior member
  • that's MR. Monkey to you...
Eclipse Head Unit
« on: Jul 20, 2005, 01:23AM »
I finally got a new head unit after getting a couple of people's seconds. It was a bit choice, and choosing headunits is the hardest damn thing to do when it comes to car audio. Soooo many different factors....

I started out looking at pioneer - the 8650 or something... it's the 2nd top model. Pretty pricey, but heaps good features and all that. Scoped a few prices and browsed some other brands as well. I had heard of eclipse, but didn't know that much about them.

To cut a long story short - I bought one. And the sound is truly amazing. I'm running a pair of infinity 4" coax up the front, stock 6" at the rear and a sub, and the difference in sound quality is astonishing. These decks make everything sing, and Eclipse are constantly winning sound quality awards.

If you want something that sounds great and are less concerned with the bright flashy things that just distract you while you are driving (though the new units do look quite nice and have different illumination colours) then make sure to check out your local Eclipse distributor. Over in WA it's Alberts Car Stereo.

Even the lower priced decks have great audio features and are built for sound quality.

Just thought I'd share the love :)
Got Grip?

VR4 Action.

Offline Asephx

Re: Eclipse Head Unit
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2005, 06:40PM »
yeah i got an eclipse unit a week after i got my new sound installed. it was a hell of a lot better than my JVC one i had in there b4 hand

the only problem i had was trying to change the track while on a bumpy road, skipped a track or 2 if u werent slow... but the remote soon fixed that :P

Offline omad

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2005, 10:47PM »
Yeah, I find that as well. There a a couple of little things like that which are inconvenient, but it's quality and awesome sound more than make up for it.

Good to see another happy eclipse owner ;)
Got Grip?

VR4 Action.

Offline Reign

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #3 on: Aug 6, 2005, 12:21AM »
yer, the Eclipse H/U's rock, people don't like like them because the face's don't come off, but whats the point?, the rate of finding them is very high if their stolen. Wanting the Area Shot to be running here. (later this year)

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Aug 6, 2005, 08:33AM »
ive never really had a look at the eclipse gear, ive heard they've got some good stuff, and decently priced

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #5 on: Aug 6, 2005, 10:11AM »
ive got boston 6" splits up the front, and after i get coustic 6.5" at the back, im planning on getting either an eclipse or alpine H/U...
congrats on getting one (they a bit pricey from my point of view, which is y i aint got no subs  :'( :-\)
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline Asephx

« Reply #6 on: Aug 6, 2005, 12:42PM »
my Eclpise CD5425 was $280 plus the $30 remote

was a great buy, a real nice sounding unit

Offline omad

« Reply #7 on: Aug 11, 2005, 12:29AM »
For what you pay, you get a lot more for your money in terms of quality in these units. On the subject of price, in hindsight I'd probably now spend much more money on the deck, and less on the extras, even like a sub. Wait for the sub, when you have this much control over your system from the very centre of it, it's amazing what you can make your 'average' stereo sound like.

After setting up the time alignment and other bits and messing around, I took the car back to alberts for a 'tune up'. In short they said there was nothing they could do to make it sound better and they were really impressed with the sound and staging etc. When you impress the distributors with their own product, you know you've bought something GOOD ;)
Got Grip?

VR4 Action.

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2005, 09:51AM »
looks like im gonna have to invest in an eclipse H/U
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)