Author Topic: new guy newb  (Read 1867 times)

Offline b-ron88

• antrx.com junior member
new guy newb
« on: Aug 24, 2006, 02:14PM »
hey hows it goin ppl

my name is byron i'm 18 and i'm at sydney (western suburbs)
i jus got a nissan pintara TRX 91 model white a couple weeks ago of my brother i was jus wondering if i could get some feed back on some things i kinda wanted to do to it
first off the engine
the current KA24e had the to back left bolts on the camshaft overtightend by a shit mechanic and he threaded the alloy
so i have had liquid steel put in and re bored the holes but i was wondering if i should just get a new engine, its done over 280K km and it doesn't run too as i'd imagine it should, ive asked around and found a jap import for $700 and it has roughly 70 000 Km
i also have a prob when i start the car it rattles alot of the parts on my dashboard and it doesn't idle properly till after a while
also it take a few seconds for it to actually kick over sounds like its not going to make it then BOOM it starts is that the starter motor or could it be that the battery is jus abit low and doesn't get charged properly by the alternator should i change the alternator or the starter motor or what should i do ???

also i was jus wondering if anybody out there knows where to get a new fuel tank and whole exhaust line because i got told that my car has a tiny leak in the tank and the exhaust is completely crap its got holes nd its old nd rusty

anyways sorry for such a long post i'll ask more later thanx for any help that you guys can offer

Offline eurisko

• Frankenmotor Builder
  • post whore
  • Oldschool and Newstyle
Re: new guy newb
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2006, 02:21PM »
Sup champ! Welcome to Antrx!

the current KA24e had the to back left bolts on the camshaft overtightend by a shit mechanic and he threaded the alloy
so i have had liquid steel put in and re bored the holes but i was wondering if i should just get a new engine,

Just a little more info on this part if u will... U mean on the rocker arm assembly? Im kinda confused as to where this actually is...

The Nissubishda will live....

Offline b-ron88

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2006, 04:17PM »
its the bolts inside the rocker that hold the the steel clamps that hold the camshaft down

Offline eurisko

• Frankenmotor Builder
  • post whore
  • Oldschool and Newstyle
« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2006, 05:02PM »
Damn! He stripped them? *Shakes head* normally id say redrill and tap but i dont think u really wanna be doing that with the cam support brackets...

The Nissubishda will live....

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2006, 12:21AM »
Heli-coil the thread. It apparently makes a stronger thread than the original one.

For the exhaust, why not get a new one fitted, you can get a decent one done for you for less than $500.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2006, 12:25AM »
you could pick up a stock exhaust quite cheap. It'll only corrode though, I'm sure i'm not the only person who's had it corrode in several places. I'd suggest at least aftermarket/new piping.

If I could pick up a 70,000k Engine for $700 I'd jump at it!

In regards to alot of things rattling I'd check out the engine mounts. Most probably the right hand engine mount. Does everything rattle when you reverse?
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline b-ron88

« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2006, 08:53AM »
not necessarily when i reverse it rattles wen i start up and then just goes away,

is there any reccomendations for a place to get my exhaust in sydney i'm in the western suburbs???