Author Topic: Just To Say Hi **Ford Corsair Owner**  (Read 2713 times)

Offline benno190

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Just To Say Hi **Ford Corsair Owner**
« on: Nov 22, 2014, 04:56PM »
Hey All,
Found a few suggestions and interesting items on this forum that helped me out with some repairs and upgrades to my Ford Corsair so I thought, in kind I would join up after searching for the past 12 months and finding nothing.

Even though I know this is a Nissan forum, There is nothing out there for Ford Corsair owners in regards to help or advice.

So ill give you the run down on me
Drove around for years in my VS Commodore put bucket loads of money into it and it ended up getting a defective vehicle notice (For being to low, too loud & for having a V6 supercharged engine in it without telling vicroads) So insted of getting it fixed I got bored with it....... My girlfriends dad had a car he had recently bought for $500 which had sat in a paddock for 2 years (being a 1991 Ford Corsair GHIA 2.4)...... So I went and had a look at it and to be honest it looked like a real waste of time. But after having a good look at it I became very interested..... So I ended up buying it and after doing a bit more research I found that there wern't many of them around and that they were basically a Nissan Pintara.... It ended up only needing about $1000 worth of work normally I would have just gotten rid of it but there was something about it........ I actually enjoy driving it..... Never thought I would ever say that about a Ford...... so 12 Months on and not a single thing has gone wrong with it!

1991 Ford Corsair GHIA
KA24E 2.4 Ltr

Offline crazy2287

• antrx.com full member
Re: Just To Say Hi **Ford Corsair Owner**
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2014, 08:07PM »
one of us, one of us =P
Welcome and good luck with the corsair mate. I'll admit i got a bit of a softspot for it now since buying mine for $50 and have poured a bit of money at it to keep it on the road. But i still like it. Hope yours takes you far!

Hold onto your parkers if they are in good condition, bit of a prick to find them as they are unique to the corsair and they are all cracked Australia wide. =P
I drive like i screw..... illegally =D... wait O.o WHAT?? O.O

Offline benno190

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #2 on: Jun 8, 2015, 11:39PM »
So since my last post, The little Corsair has developed a few issues...... a new radiator.... and now it sounds like the bottom end bearing is about to let go....... She is coming off the road now and becoming a project. Think about swapping out the KA24E and putting in a KA24DE or Getting the KA24E completely rebuilt from bottom to top
1991 Ford Corsair GHIA
KA24E 2.4 Ltr

Offline Nrador007

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
  • new skids in my jocks
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2016, 09:05PM »
Knowledge is very good material.

Offline deviate

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2017, 06:46PM »
So since my last post, The little Corsair has developed a few issues...... a new radiator.... and now it sounds like the bottom end bearing is about to let go....... She is coming off the road now and becoming a project. Think about swapping out the KA24E and putting in a KA24DE or Getting the KA24E completely rebuilt from bottom to top

The ka24de is a reasonably simple swap, if you're good with wiring.  However I could sell you one with a few internal goodies already converted

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2017, 11:23PM »
and the knowledge...
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801