Author Topic: start here...  (Read 109298 times)

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: start here...
« Reply #330 on: Aug 18, 2010, 07:46AM »
Crazy, from the japanese embassy in Costa Rica? Thats cool :) Welcome mate!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #331 on: Aug 19, 2010, 09:27AM »
Yeah... The guy I bought it from have it park on his garage for 2 years, So I have to do a complete tune up on the car.... I just buy a headlamp on ebay from one guy in Australia because I was missing one. My car is really hard to find parts in my country.. I basically have to buy the majority online and overseas.

I'm learning a lot about this car in this forum like things from other cars that fit to mine. ;D ;D ;D

Offline sleepersRfun

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #332 on: Oct 12, 2010, 03:37AM »
G'day lads, gentlemen and Nissan fans/tinkerers alike. I am a forum noob and I'm soon to be a blurbird owner.
I have enjoyed checking out many aspects of this site yet have no idea how forums even operate so plz bear with me. This be my first ever post.
My name's Matthew from Adelaide and I've lined up my next ride, the blurbird, just awaiting the sale of my current ride which has been very good to me. I am the second owner of my little economical 3dr '96 Peugeot 306XR. Under 138 thousand kms that is up for sale on carsales.com.au in South Australia and is dark metallic grey.

I wish to say that this site has already been so valuable and informative in getting me ready for my new ride, that I know exactly where to turn to learn and share information about all my things Nissan/Datsun... And this will no doubt be incredibly inspiring and helpful for years to come. I look forward to hearing from anyone regarding Nissan/Datsun clubs/events or restoration.
Regards, Matthew.
" Bowerbirds like bluebirds, like I like Nissans "

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #333 on: Oct 12, 2010, 06:43AM »
Welcome matthew, I'm assuming your buying a U13 Bluebird?

Offline sleepersRfun

« Reply #334 on: Oct 12, 2010, 10:15PM »
Hi budgie, Thanx for the welcome. Can't believe I didn't specify but Yes you have assumed correctly, the U13 Blurbird. I just can't wait!
" Bowerbirds like bluebirds, like I like Nissans "

Offline Koha

« Reply #335 on: Nov 8, 2010, 03:10PM »
Howdy all Names Kyle, I've been on this site and I've gotten my hands on a U13 SR20DET 4wd bluebird off Jeffrido from this site. So i am a new Victorian member and i must say i love it its such a sleeper :D current mods to the car (that i know of)
Water to Air top mount
Pod (full stainless steel boxed enclosure)
Battery moved to the boot.
Big exhaust (i hate it to big and tips look gay)

Thats all i know of for the time being haven't driven it in about a month as I've been getting the clutch done due to a dodgy mechanic being lazy putting the aftermarket clutch in. (the aftermarket one shattered due to the wrong clutch flywheel + Clutch match up and some dodgy spacer plate....)

So expect to see some posts on some info about these little beats ;)

All and all i love it just with it had the Heads up Display ;)

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #336 on: Nov 8, 2010, 07:43PM »
welcome mate, they are a good little car!

I know the car your talking about with the U12 top mount converted to water to air.

We are looking to meet up soon for a cruise, you should join ;)

Offline deviate

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #337 on: Dec 5, 2010, 11:43AM »
hey my names dave im in the brisbane area and im currently driving a 91 pintara Ti with lowered king springs, munroe gt struts and a 2 v1/2 inch exhaust with highflow cat etc if anybody could help me source some trx kit ands 15 or 16 inch rims in the area please PM me im also lookiing at putting a ka24de in with high comp pistons

Offline DamieN

« Reply #338 on: Dec 19, 2010, 07:13AM »
Hey all, im Damien, Just recently bought a 1992 Pintara executive hatch Maroon in colour with 104,660klms its the 2.0L twinspark motor with auto im the 3rd owner of it my friends had it & an old couple who looked after it had it before them/original owners.
i used to drive a 93 subaru liberty lx but i think this pintara is a better car.
probly only do a few mods to it as i only drive it to work & back for now.
cheers
DamieN.
 ;D

Offline crazy2287

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #339 on: Jan 15, 2011, 03:52PM »
Yoyo.
Crazy2287. A year or so ago i got 2x ford corsair's ghias for $150. spend a weekend swapping bits till i had a complete car. zorst was shat so i welded a std exhaust off an XF falcon onto it. took it in and passed it for rego. Been my daily ever since.
It's always had a timing chain rattle dispite several oil changes and a 20-60 grade oil with stabilizer. So i pulled it apart and attempted to replace the timing chain. Positioned the broken link at the top of the cam-gear and figured i'd just feed the new chain in.
Due to me been slightly retarded, as i slid the broken link out, the cam chain slipped up out from under my finger and down into the sump. The tensioners pressure rotated the crank and put everything out of sync. bla bla bla tried to take a short cut, bent valves now im swapping heads with the spare, so im here to see what i should do since im going to have the head off.
Figure out if i should do any performance mods (shave head? cam?) or just whack it back together.
That's my story.
My other car is an XF falcon sedan that i've spent a few years working on. brought it grandpa spec and now its "get me in trouble all the time" spec so i gotta fix this damn corsair quick so i can put the falcon back in the shed ^^;
i like killin zombehz and i drink (points left) scotch.
Also i have 4 chickens, they pump eggs which i eat 8D OM NOMNOMNOM
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2011, 04:08PM by crazy2287 »
I drive like i screw..... illegally =D... wait O.o WHAT?? O.O

Offline Not a Pulsar

• The Toe Cutter...He knows who I am.
« Reply #340 on: Jan 16, 2011, 04:03PM »
Hi to Everyone of you Nissan Nutters.
    Even though I've been reading and learning from this site for ages now, I have only just put up my first post, soooo I thought I should perhaps introduce myself.
My name's Rob and I am from Canberra. Been driving for about 19 years with no accidents. Touch wood.(touches willy). ha ha. Except for the lovely, skilled and highly aware old bat that reverse into me in a carpark last year. GRRRRRR. still not happy with the repairs. F#@Kn Dum@$$ Old B!+*h. Anyway... where was I? Oh yeah...
Started off in a 85 Bluebird (Mum's), Traded in for my 94 Bluey 4.5 years ago, (love it), went halvies in a 96 Bluey (now for sale) for my Girlie, and Just got me a R33 skyline 4door. NISSAN FREAK. When you're on a good thing why change?? Eh?? As I said, have learnt heaps from here what with oil in dizzies etc so I applaud you all on a great site and hope to continue to learn more from you all in the future. Perhaps I may even be able to help some of you out myself with some of the knowledge I have acquired along the way...  Baptism of Fire. Cheers. Rob. PS. I like stories...
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011, 04:57PM by Not a Pulsar »
This is what it is...

Offline nissan11

• 96 Alti 2.4 DOHC
« Reply #341 on: Feb 10, 2011, 12:48PM »
well, hello every one. I'm the newbie. but not so new to Nissan. I currently live in New Bern, NC US and have been a mechanic at Nissan for going on two years. proud to be part of such a lively and well put together forum. if there are any technical questions or other techs don't hesitate to talk. I own a 96 Altima. so far i have done a rear drum to disc, tan to charcoal interior(rather have black), leather steering wheel, and had both fogs until i had a wreck few months ago >:(. as soon as i get my tax money here in a few weeks ill be starting my engine rebuild. don't have anything crazy just a stock 2.4. but it has a few intake leaks and needs valve stem seals so i figured id id a complete rebuild while shes out. my plan is to get hold of some factory alloys and i have no idea what car the front bumper i want comes from.

Offline Trimethylxan

« Reply #342 on: Feb 10, 2011, 03:26PM »
Hi guys, I'm Zennon 19 years old, from Perth Western Australia.
I drive a 1991 Nissan Pintara TRX
Nothing done to it soon, but lots of things on the table for it.

Offline noto

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
« Reply #343 on: Apr 13, 2011, 01:31PM »
hey guys,

Long time lurker. Thought I'd say hi.
I've got a 1992 Nissan Bluebird Attesa / Auto / SR20DE which I inherited it off my dad.
Its stock as f*ck cos i'm such a noob when it comes to cars. But ya gotta love the Bluebirds!

I reckon it's the perfect sleeper.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #344 on: Apr 13, 2011, 01:43PM »
In AU mate? Or NZ?

Offline noto

« Reply #345 on: Apr 15, 2011, 03:11PM »
I'm in Syd!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #346 on: Apr 15, 2011, 06:04PM »
Interesting, auto seduction and non-turbo. The best thing I can recommend is look after the auto box. They are big, heavy and bloody annoying when they break

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #347 on: Apr 15, 2011, 10:25PM »
welcome all newbies.... ;)
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline Low_rb

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #348 on: May 17, 2011, 11:53PM »
Hi.
Names Roy and im living a little bit north of gympie

Couple months back i scored a 1990 corsair fish off my brother for bugger all because he was haveing issues with rego and couldent be bothered with it. Igor it on the road but it still needs bits done.

Mods are
Lowered
17's
Exhaust and air filter.

Wont be a bad daily once i get the last few things fixed.

Cheers
Roy
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 12:02AM by Low_rb »

Offline impulsr

« Reply #349 on: Jun 28, 2011, 10:09AM »
Hello everyone.
So glad to be here, I had been trying to sign up last week, however the auto-anti-bot picture thing kept thinking I was not human...anyway im here now.
So I currently drive a 97 nissan pulsar with a gutless 1.6 with 200000k.

A few weeks ago I picked up a hnu12 sr20det engine.

So ill be here to learn bits and pieces about the enginge and to sell the Auto 4wd attesa gearbox.

Offline carcrazyz

« Reply #350 on: Oct 25, 2011, 09:33AM »
Hello there my name is Eddie. I am in the U.S. and recently purchased a 1991 Nissan Stanza 5spd. Always been a Nissan fan and also owns a 1973 Datsun 240z. After my 83 Ford LTD broke down I bought the Stanza as a daily driver but just recently found out that a stanza is a bluebird in Japan so it may be a second project car when I get the LTD back up. I have been browseing the forums and found a lot of info that I couldnt find anywhere else thanks antrx.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #351 on: Oct 25, 2011, 06:48PM »
Welcome one and all :)

Offline horngirl

« Reply #352 on: Feb 7, 2012, 12:50PM »
Hi everyone

I signed up a while back now but haven't regularly read or posted anything. I've got a '92 U12 Pintara, maroon 5 door, which has definitely seen better days. It absolutely refuses to die though!

This forum has been the only place I've found that's diagnosed the stuttering engine over 2500rpm problem, which is great. I still haven't had it fixed, but it's good to know it's a known issue.

Offline panda u12

« Reply #353 on: Feb 24, 2012, 01:02PM »
Hey guys my name is Kyle I haves stock 91 stanza and I also own an s 12 Silvia. I'm from the us and im glad to find this site

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #354 on: Mar 12, 2012, 03:27PM »
welcome guys, and i'm assuming (horn)girl?

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline horngirl

« Reply #355 on: Mar 14, 2012, 03:06PM »
Yes, girl :-) Realised later on that my choice of username was probably questionable, but I use it in a lot of places - I'm a french horn player, so that's why.

Offline awd2.0t

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #356 on: Mar 14, 2012, 04:19PM »
Yes, girl :-) Realised later on that my choice of username was probably questionable, but I use it in a lot of places - I'm a french horn player, so that's why.

And one day at band camp...   :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  Welcome, it's a great forum with a stack of info as you've already found

Offline Burchh

« Reply #357 on: Mar 14, 2012, 10:34PM »
Hey guys.

I'm Sam, I've been a member for a bit now but this is my first post.
I own a 1990 ca20 Corsair, which I bought at the start of this year for $900 ;)
The old guy that owned it, had it for 7yrs before me, and bar the dust (he lived on a dirt road) its in quite good nick.
Its only done 170,000kms which was the major selling point.

I plan to play with it whenever I have money (uni student) but for now its still completely Granny spec, except for the stereo I put in.

If all goes well and I start fixing it up I'll add photos, but yeah just an intro post! :D

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #358 on: Mar 14, 2012, 11:30PM »
welcome all ....
is this you horngirl.. ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xRQpab1JZM
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #359 on: Mar 19, 2012, 02:53PM »
i think i'll step in and say that was a little inappropriate. stop trying to scare away the newbies. it was a scion, clearly not french.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like