Author Topic: start here...  (Read 109117 times)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re: start here...
« Reply #300 on: Jan 13, 2009, 04:22PM »
is it something like this?

i have to say that would be fairly hillarious (in a good way) with a ca18det in it. these stanzas were awd ca20e werent they? if so, that'd be an awesome setup with the ca18det mated up to the ca20 drivetrain.

wouldnt be overly aerodynamic though :P

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline 87stanza

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #301 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:07PM »
yes it looks just like that lol same color and all, it has sleeper written all over it imagine pulling up to a person in the family van and having your doors blown off by a soccer mom.  Has anyone done anything remotely similiar to this swap and I have a feeling it may not be a straight conversion. Any thoughts, I dont know if this is all wheel drive or not but some are.
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2009, 08:09PM by 87stanza »

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #302 on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:02PM »
if its a ca20e in there, then the ca18det is apparently a straight swap engine mount and gearbox wise, however you would need the wiring loom and ecu etc from the ca18det.. i dont think anyone here has modded one of these cars.. but i'm sure you'd get heaps of help and support if you tried.

that model stanza was called the nissan prairie here in australia.

just did a quick search, apparently the 4wd version is shorter than the fwd version, but just get under the car and have a look.

Offline 87stanza

« Reply #303 on: Jan 14, 2009, 01:11AM »
are there any other options besides the ca20e to be in there, nissan prairie huh never heard of it. I've seen only a couple of these before and they are a bizzare looking vehicle.  Wow and you say the 4wd is shorter I cant imagine it much shorter the car is pretty small.  Now my next question is how hard is it to get a hold of a ca18det in decent shape.  I appreciate the input Noss I'll do some more checking on the Nissan Prairie and see what i can dig up I doubt people bought this car for performance lol

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #304 on: Jan 14, 2009, 09:09AM »
wikipedia says that they only came with the ca20e.. but wikipedia can be pretty ordinary sometimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Prairie

if it has the ca20e in there, that isnt bad for your upgrade potential. but then i guess no engine swap is truly easy :P.

not sure what a ca18det would be worth in the states, but in australia i'd guess around AU$1500-2000 for a front cut.. i'm not sure if you can buy motors like that in the states, but basically a front cut is the car from the bottom of the windscreen forward, dash, ecu, front suspension, motor, and well, everything inside the engine bay.

edit: you would need an east west (transverse mounted) motor, which means the ca18det from a u12 bluebird.
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2009, 09:11AM by noss »

Offline 87stanza

« Reply #305 on: Jan 16, 2009, 09:06AM »
So where would i need to go to buy such a motor I have never heard of a bluebird Im assuming it is a like vehicle in a different market

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #306 on: Jan 16, 2009, 09:48AM »
bluebird is the jap version of the u12 stanza.. i'm not sure where you would buy an engine/front cut from in america.. we have import wreckers (junkyards) here, i'm not sure if you have stuff like that there.

Offline 87stanza

« Reply #307 on: Jan 16, 2009, 02:37PM »
this guys at the yards will sell you anything for the right price lol so in order to get what i want I need to look for a bluebird that has been imported or buy one from abroad, so am i just looking for motor or do i need the tranny also If i remember correctly it can bolt right up right and do you have a name of one of your local wreckers you could supply me with or a site Thanks

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx

Offline 87stanza

« Reply #309 on: Jan 17, 2009, 11:46AM »
Thanks for the help I really appreciate it

Offline 87stanza

« Reply #310 on: Jan 17, 2009, 12:15PM »
This is what I am hoping for I have not set a budget to the build but I want it as close as possible to this and I am shooting for a 2 to 3 year build.  I have a 79 civic I am trying to finish first, you probably can relate to finishing one before you start another but i really appreciate the help on the motor stuff
Here is the link to the concept of what I want http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/gg360/clcla4/Nissan%20Mockup/

Offline anon600ad

« Reply #311 on: Jan 18, 2009, 01:29PM »
Hi Everyone...I introduced myself in September, but do far more reading than posting. Thanks to everyone for the interesting information. Since I got my U13, I've upgraded the stereo (still half-way on this thanks to the failure of my brand new, under warranty Kenwood CD deck), tinted the windows, and I also built myself a nice little CAI using a 45degree exhaust pipe bend and a rubber joiner from a pool shop. (yes, the exhaust pipe piece was sealed and painted to avoid rust.) I'm amazed at how much better the performance is.

Now to get to the point, and the reason for this post.
I also had the not unusual crank angle sensor failure, which evolved into a new distributor, a broken radiator ("there's no way you can break a radiator changing a distributor" yeah, sure) and a week at the auto-electrician. I've also spent a small fortune (for me) on the suspension. It really needed new shocks and bushes etc...and also had/has a rather unpleasant noise in the front.  This whole exercise is beginning to be a real drama between me and the company involved, since despite numerous visits, the original noise hasn't changed, even though I have repeatedly told them what is happening and yet they still refuse to even examine what I believe is causing the issue. 

As you can see, I've had a crappy time with companies and it is really giving me the shits.  Is there any particular etiquette for complaining about specific companies? Of course, it would be in a purely factual way.  I just feel that this is a good place to use the power to exercise the power of 'word of mouth'.
"The bluebird of happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the chicken of depression."

Offline u13atessa91

« Reply #312 on: Mar 6, 2009, 07:26PM »
Gday folks, Andrew is my name.

Since late 2000 ive been the proud owner of a 1991 U13 Atessa. Im from Adelaide orginally but for the past 3 years I have lived in Renmark. Since moving up here I havent done SFA to my 'bird at all and its been sadly neglected. Lately I have been thinking about selling it, its getting old and im nearing 200k on the clock (190k atm) but im going to attempt to breathe some new life into it with a couple of upgrades to keep my interest in the meantime. I bought the car stock and since then have done the following mods (that i can think of anyway):

Full Whiteline Suspension Kit (Including Engine Strut Brace)
DBA Slotted Rotors Front and Rear
Full 3" Exhaust with JunBL Twin-tip box
K&N Pod Filter
GFB "2 Way" BOV
Turbosmart "Stealth" Boost Controller (Havent touched it since it was installed and tuned)
Bosch "Intank" Fuel Pump (Not sure what it was rated at, 400 i think...)
Daughter-board chip by Chiptorque
17" Speedy Lite-6 Rims
Cosmetics wise it has side skirts, rear bar and front lip from Carmate

Thats most of the major stuff I can think of...scanning through the multitude of dyno charts i have the latest one is after the fuel pump was fitted and at 14-15psi boost the car made ~175kw on Jaustech's (SA) "Dynapack" Chassis Dyno back in Jan '05. So an ATW figure would be lower than that of course, probably 140-150ish.

The car has been down the 1/4 mile at A.I.R (I did have the ticket somewhere...) and best time was a 13.37 which was on standard rims and prior to fuel-pump and final tune, but was also several thousand k's ago..  :D

So here are some piccies

Plans currently are to upgrade the intercooler system and then perhaps do injectors, turbo and afm but depends on costs since im still not sure if i'll be keeping the car for too much longer...

Offline trx4390

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
« Reply #313 on: Jun 18, 2009, 11:52AM »
hey all my names daniel just bought a 1990 pintara trx for 1500 bucks lols. working on it as a project car normally drive a mazda 323 astina 2.0ltr v6 other than that the pintara is fairly stock but yeah.

Offline Robbd

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #314 on: Aug 24, 2009, 07:27PM »
Gday Im Rob
Drive a 91 Pintara TRX
Im a Mechanic
Live in western sydney
Mods include: exhaust, Pod filter, CAI.
Future mods: Antrx stage 3 cam and chip....soon as I get my injectors and AFM.

Offline Jaynar

« Reply #315 on: Sep 18, 2009, 11:11PM »
hey im james commonly called jaynar evrywhere i live in brisbane am 19 and have a r31 pintara i have a well knoledge of toyota engines and honda sohc non vtec as it was my last car an ed3 civic that was a 1.5 carby that kept up with a 4agze levin and TRD aurion on last years Twincam.org bris cruise i like to do a job to the best of my ability and belive i have a good mechanical knoweledge and im always learning so if any questions car related or what ever fire away and ill get back to you asap

sorry bit of a ramble  but nice to say gday and hope to get to know you all alot better

Offline Gnomes

« Reply #316 on: Dec 29, 2009, 11:50PM »
Hi I'm Gnomes and am so glad I have found this site to read fab posts and ask for help from those who know my car. I'm a mum of 2 gorgeous boys in Cranbourne who has been driving a Ford Corsair GL 2.0 5 spd manual Hatchback for the past 7 years.  Great car and I can't understand a local used car dealer who said "it's only fit for the wreckers if you trade it to me". (The other half was test driving a car).  Phwah - what does he know!  Great car with a little hiccup presently, but am happy with bugger-all rust in her - just a tad in the hatch behind the indicators - whoopie do dar day!  Cars less than 5 years old have more rust in them these days!  Only upgrade I've given her is to pull out the Ford tape deck & radio, to put in a Sony CD player with inbuilt tuner!  Arrgghh the joys of listening to Playschool instead of Noiseworks!  *Giggles*

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #317 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:01PM »
Hi I'm Gnomes and am so glad I have found this site to read fab posts and ask for help from those who know my car. I'm a mum of 2 gorgeous boys in Cranbourne who has been driving a Ford Corsair GL 2.0 5 spd manual Hatchback for the past 7 years.  Great car and I can't understand a local used car dealer who said "it's only fit for the wreckers if you trade it to me". (The other half was test driving a car).  Phwah - what does he know!  Great car with a little hiccup presently, but am happy with bugger-all rust in her - just a tad in the hatch behind the indicators - whoopie do dar day!  Cars less than 5 years old have more rust in them these days!  Only upgrade I've given her is to pull out the Ford tape deck & radio, to put in a Sony CD player with inbuilt tuner!  Arrgghh the joys of listening to Playschool instead of Noiseworks!  *Giggles*

Welcome! I used to live in Cranbourne, around 15 years ago lol. Hope you find the site useful  :)

Offline boostedtrx82

« Reply #318 on: Jan 4, 2010, 11:31PM »
hey guys, i'm nick a new member from Phillip island, just recently brought a trx and i love the car.
its a 1990, gun metal Grey, stock body kit, "seven" 17 inch rims, sleeper car, getting a gt wing put on it tomorrow.

I'm not car nerd, so just wanting opinions about the current setup, as far as i know
Engine : ka24
Turbo : Turbo smart Hi Flow t3 (Currently 7psi)
Inter cooler : Unknown brand, but its huge
BoV : Turbo smart 6 Port
Clutch : Brass Button
Transmission : Supra 5sp Short Shift
Engine Management : EMS (Box is under passenger seat)
Exhaust : 2 1/2 inch straight though to what looks like a stock muffler with a different tip
getting turbo timer and boost gauge installed after roadworthy and putting bov back on (in victoria)

the previous owner told me with the transmission, dont slow down though gears like a normal manual,as it will kill the transmission sound right? also have noticed a noise coming from the centre of the dash between 2k rpm to 3.5k rpm and its kinda annoying, its a "whining" kinda noise.

Had a comp sound system which has mostly been removed minus the jvc 6 stack and the rear parcel shelf speakers, anyone recommend good quality head unit and speaker/amp/suby setup than itsnt gonna cost the earth.

Offline MAT792

« Reply #319 on: Mar 10, 2010, 11:00PM »
hey guys im matt
17 live in qld
own a 89 "ford" corsair ghia 2.4 manual of course
odo stopped at 415.513 and its probably got about 2,000 km or so more added to that now
umm second owner
purchased off my cricket coach for 200 bucks with 7 months rego so yea..
cruised around google and saw this so i joined up
umm... no mods as such
exhaust is broken and sounds pretty mean but thats about it haha
plans atm: cai, lowered, stereo, fixed exhaust
complete rebuild/conversion to another ka24
then yea just play with it till i get bored

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2010, 11:39PM by MAT792 »

Offline u13det

« Reply #320 on: Mar 18, 2010, 08:43PM »
hey guys i'm Darcy from Melbourne
Ive got a u13 atessa (manual)
only basic mods, lowered, 3in turbo back, intercooler and stereo

just wondering if any one has part numbers for front and rear pads for my car? repco had no clue and couldn't really find out on search
lovin the site, cheers

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #321 on: Mar 19, 2010, 07:20PM »
welcome mate, what colour is your attesa? I've been seeing a grey coloured one around ivanhoe, heidelberg a bit over the last few months, lowered, etc
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline u13det

« Reply #322 on: Mar 19, 2010, 08:18PM »
hey budgie, thanks yeah its good to be here
my cars black and unfortunately sporting a decent key mark down the left side
live in stkilda and gf's house is in glen iris with work halfway in between so mostly around those areas cant say ive been through Ivanhoe etc for a while, must be another. anyways thanks for the welcome. would you know the Bendix part number for u13 attesa front pads by any chance? cheers

Offline micka8

« Reply #323 on: Mar 19, 2010, 11:10PM »
I've seen a u13 atessa on Alma rd a few times before, I think the j30 maxiam front pads fit.

Offline u13det

« Reply #324 on: Mar 20, 2010, 11:51AM »
yeah that would be me... thanks mate il look into that

Offline EhBrah

« Reply #325 on: Apr 6, 2010, 08:27PM »
Greetings/Hello/G'day all!

My name is William and I'm in California, USA. I am here to share stories, learn about tuning options, buy parts and even help find parts for you. I own several other cars including a Sierra Cosworth replica project I'm working on. There is little to zero support for the U12 Stanza here in the U.S, but generally can find any replacement parts cheap. I have owned three U12 Stanzas (one was hit while parked) and still have two, I bought one three weeks ago from an old lady owner (original) with 157km original miles. My other one has over 317km but I've replaced the timing cover/oil pump, timing chain, many other parts and completely reworked the head. I also ported the stock exhaust manifold because it had bad casting overlap on the ports and there is no header readily available here.

I am hoping to buy suspension parts (springs, sway bars, bushings and shocks) and learn about mods you all have been doing. Thanks for your time and I look forward to spending some time here, though honestly I am active on a few other forums as well.

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #326 on: Apr 6, 2010, 09:59PM »
hi & welcome, i guess the ;D majority of us are also on a few other forums. the more knowledge the better i say...
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline Giacamo

« Reply #327 on: Apr 10, 2010, 07:37PM »
Hey Guys!

Sweet Website and forums!

I don't own a trx (currently N14 Q 2.0i) but i would love one.

Keep up the good work.

Giacamo

Offline Stalker13652

« Reply #328 on: Jul 26, 2010, 01:15AM »
Hi im Rohan aka Stalker live in Perth Western Australia
drive a 85 bluebird series 3, 5spd manual
current mods are 2x 12" mtx thundercross subs running from a mtx 300w monoblock, new deck and 6x9s on the back shelf, with a 3" tacho
no engine mods so far but planning to turn into a rally car

o and the broken rear right indicator    would really love if anyone has any spares of this i require the entire housing and can find any
id rather be sideways

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #329 on: Aug 18, 2010, 02:40AM »
Hi to all, my name is Andres  from Costa Rica I'm 27 years old.

I own a 1991 Nissan Bluebird Attesa with the SR20det engine on it. It's completely stock. I bought it last January. It's a sweet ride and the big reason why I switch from having a Honda to a Nissan. This car use to belong to the Japanese Embassy in my country, It's crazy how stock  this car is, no modifications at all after almost 20 years. I have some modifications in mind that I would like to do. For example the clutch is almost dead so I planing to a ACT or Nismo Clutch kit, but I dk if its the same one the the GTir uses.
I found out about antrx.com looking on GOOGLE information about my car as I mentioned before I am new on Nissan. It's really cool what you guys have here.. Keep up the good work...