Author Topic: Whiteline Handling pack U13 AWD $359.00  (Read 2987 times)

Offline fez200

• antrx.com full member
  • BARBIE AIN'T HERE..!
    • RAW4x4
Whiteline Handling pack U13 AWD $359.00
« on: Sep 1, 2006, 12:00PM »
has anyone fitted one of these kits to their bird.?
if they have has it given ya much better handling over standard.??

it cost me $359.00 (new) from Allday performance plus freight, i thought this was pretty cheap.     www.alldayperformance.com.au
it contains a front strut brace, 2 sway bars, various poly bushes & camber/castor adjusters.

ive noticed mine to always be a great understeerer pushing it around roundabouts...its got loweered springs and already had a bigger rear swaybar fitted. standard struts though.
God gave man a brain and a penis and only enough blood to operate one at a time.

Offline Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing

• antrx.com junkie
  • Ma-Jik
    • Ma-Jik
Re: Whiteline Handling pack U13 AWD $359.00
« Reply #1 on: Sep 1, 2006, 12:16PM »
Whiteline kits are good, but if you have already got a bigger rear sway bar id say don't get the kit and order the parts separately I can give you the part numbers you will need. All you should need it the bushes, strut brace and possibly chamber bolts. I wouldn't get a thicket front sway bar its only gonna make you understeer more, its defiantly not required the standard attesa one is already a 28mm monster, although it is hollow.

I have the whiteline kit fitted to my attesa and it still tends to under steer more than oversteer, that front sway bar is the culprit if you ask me because I had the same kit on my old lx with the same d2 coil overs and everything and the Lx was an oversteering monster the fwd bluebirds have a smaller front swaybar I think its a 21mm solid bar.

Anyway thats my experience with it. Whiteline kit is very good value for money, just don't bother with the front sway bar. Poly bushes are much better than squishy rubber bushes.

Just pm me if you need the part numbers. I will be uploading a writeup on both the whiteline kit and the D2 coilovers shortly.
Written off HNU13 Atttesa, PM me for part requests.

Offline fez200

• antrx.com full member
  • BARBIE AIN'T HERE..!
    • RAW4x4
« Reply #2 on: Sep 1, 2006, 01:40PM »
damn, wish id know before.. prob would of been good to know.

i guess it wont hurt having a spare rear bar. but for $359 with all the bolts, braces etc i thought was ok value. considering a larger rear bar costs about $170.00 by itself.

yeah i am a bit hesitant to fit the front sway bar. would it make a big difference though.
God gave man a brain and a penis and only enough blood to operate one at a time.

• antrx.com junkie
  • Ma-Jik
    • Ma-Jik
« Reply #3 on: Sep 1, 2006, 01:58PM »
I'm not too sure, I think the whiteline front bar is thinner but its solid. But I'm unsure. Try it out.

Did you get the caster bushes, chamber bolts and misc bushes?

Because if you got all of those you got a very good price anyway and even if you don't use the front or rear swaybars you have saved money.

My whiteline kit cost me $671.40 from memory. It came with rear sway bar rear swaybar poly bushes, front swaybar poly bushes, Caster bushes, chamber bolts, front swaybar link bushes, and front strut brace.

Offline phreeky

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #4 on: Sep 1, 2006, 05:26PM »
can you actually notice the extra rigidity from the strut brace?

i've got the handling kit or whatever which is just all the bushes (caster kit, front and rear swaybar bushes), rear adjustable swaybar, and camber bolts. also running whiteline springs but still stock struts.

i don't notice excessive understeer as such, naturally you'll get it if you go into a corner trying to power on from the get-go, but the cars natural tendency is quite neutral, and oversteer on exit.

i'd try no front swaybar if my front springs were a bit stiffer, but i think it's still playing a role in keeping the car sit flat, so...

• antrx.com junkie
  • Ma-Jik
    • Ma-Jik
« Reply #5 on: Sep 1, 2006, 05:53PM »
I'm not too sure how much extra rigidity you feel from the strut brace. The car defiantly feels stiffer, but because I put it on at the same time as the rest I have no idea how much baring it alone has, Ill experiment on this for you soon as I'm planning to take the brace off to paint it as I don't like its polished finish.

My handling is very similar to yours phreeky, But thats why id say not to get a more rigid front swaybar because its likely to wreck that neutral bias and turn it into understeer. Then again thats my understanding of how it would work I could be wrong, so as fez200 already has the front sway bar he may as well try it out and see what he thinks of it.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #6 on: Sep 1, 2006, 11:47PM »
Once my car was converted I drove it around for a few weeks with no front swaybar and no front strut brace... car handled 'ok' but was sloppy at the front end.  Still running the 20mm upgraded rear bar.  Then my SSS-R front strut brace arrived from NZ, fitted that and the handling was changed dramaticly up front (in a good way, more solid).

Then I re-fitted the front swaybar.  Handling seemed a little better, but only through long hard cornering.  Sharp changes in direction didn't seem much differant...
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline LUP15

• formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #7 on: Sep 2, 2006, 08:00PM »
has anyone fitted one of these kits to their bird.?
if they have has it given ya much better handling over standard.??

it cost me $359.00 (new) from Allday performance plus freight, i thought this was pretty cheap.     www.alldayperformance.com.au
it contains a front strut brace, 2 sway bars, various poly bushes & camber/castor adjusters.

ive noticed mine to always be a great understeerer pushing it around roundabouts...its got loweered springs and already had a bigger rear swaybar fitted. standard struts though.

dont know where u read what the kit includes, but it ONLY includes the below mentioned. got the pdf sitting on my comp... let us know otherwise, cause if it contains what you mentioned, i wouldnt mind it either :)

Bars Rear Blade adjustable - 20mm 1 BNR27Z
Bushes Front 28mm swaybar D bush mount kit 1 SPF1135-28
Swaybar link bush kit 1 W0007
Align Front Camber bolt kit 1 KCA412Front
Caster kit add +0.5 deg - AWD 1 KCA350 Front
« Last Edit: Sep 2, 2006, 08:04PM by LUP15 »
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline fez200

• antrx.com full member
  • BARBIE AIN'T HERE..!
    • RAW4x4
« Reply #8 on: Sep 4, 2006, 12:00PM »
yeah hopefully get the kit in the next few days.

i was under the impression that it had the lot for what the picture represents. will let you all know.

will be bit of a waster if it doesnt as i allready have a whiteline rear bar.

• antrx.com junkie
  • Ma-Jik
    • Ma-Jik
« Reply #9 on: Sep 4, 2006, 12:41PM »
If you get that kit for $359 its cheep, so go 4 it. I'm sure you can sell the rear sway bar and rear swaybar mounting bushes if need be.

Good price for a good product.

Offline fung9420

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #10 on: Sep 4, 2006, 01:31PM »
but i wonder how much to fit them on!?

• antrx.com junkie
  • Ma-Jik
    • Ma-Jik
« Reply #11 on: Sep 4, 2006, 02:22PM »
FREE! Providing you have a socket set, torque wrench and some spare time theres no reason why anyone can't do it. Although a wheel alignment after is necessary.

Offline phreeky

« Reply #12 on: Sep 4, 2006, 10:10PM »
as mentioned they're quite easy to fit, in fact probably one of the easiest diy jobs you can do on your car

actually i'd say that's true for almost all suspension components - they're big, bulky, sturdy and nothing has ultra fine tolerances/clearances you have to worry about as you're going (other than the guys you get to do the wheel alignment afterwards). i've done all suspension components on my car myself (well shocks are still standard, but you have to take them off to do springs anyway, and that doesn't include front upper control arm bushes which have to be pressed out) - springs, swaybars, bushes, strut tops etc - all with just a good jack, two chassis stands, socket and spanner sets, pliers and cheap a*se spring compressors.

always remember - if you're doing it on your driveway and you f*ck up, you can always call a mobile mechanic

Offline eurisko

• Frankenmotor Builder
  • post whore
  • Oldschool and Newstyle
« Reply #13 on: Sep 4, 2006, 10:23PM »
Hmmm... anything like that for U12's?

EDIT: What i mean is, is this kit U12 compatible... or interchangeable? or completely different kit set?
« Last Edit: Sep 4, 2006, 10:27PM by eurisko »

The Nissubishda will live....