Author Topic: Body kit copy  (Read 1279 times)

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
  • my car's just out of frame. To the left.<<<<
Body kit copy
« on: Dec 3, 2010, 05:41PM »
Ok. So I am getting my front bar repaired Early next year and thought oh the possibilty of replicating it for anyone that wants it.  I may just do the lip for it and see if people want that. I have a company that should be able to do it for around 400 bucks each front bar, depending on how many takers I have. It costs a bit to do the mould so I just want to see how many takers there would be. I was thinking more of a variation of it that I can use on the atessa and keeping the original a one off.

I also have a sheet shop that I am looking at trying to get an aluminuium boot from.  So if any U12 atessa owners want one it could get cheaper. Maybe even a bonnet in aluminum.

So at this point it is mainly an expression of interest and go from there.
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
Re: Body kit copy
« Reply #1 on: Dec 7, 2010, 06:25AM »
What do you mean with the front bar ? Replica of the stock and custom front lips ?
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Dec 7, 2010, 08:21AM »
It is the front bar off the blue one in the clip.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qJjIczdX4M

I was hoping to do a copy (or modified) of the lip to put on the black one. So I was just seeing if anyone would like the same. 
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #3 on: Dec 7, 2010, 09:38AM »
Im in for a copy of sir trx's front bar, how much are we talking ? Where are you located ?
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Dec 7, 2010, 10:21AM »
I am in townsville. 

A copy of the full bar should be around 300, but, depending on the price of the mould as to how much that comes into play.  The mould could be up to 700 and incorporated into the price of each bar, so more buyers cheaper bar. So unless there is enough interest,  I will just do a one off variation for the  black one when I get the blue one fixed.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Dec 7, 2010, 07:19PM »
Bruce, don't waste your time with aluminium boot / bonnets, do them in CF.