Author Topic: accelaration problem  (Read 2490 times)

Offline fst_trx

• antrx.com junior member
accelaration problem
« on: May 21, 2008, 02:52PM »
Hi all just wondering if any of use get these problem. After washing my U12 at the car wash and then start to drive again it struggles to go between 2-3.5 grand and then it clears up. It will do it for about 30mins or so and this is just washing the outside of the car not the engine bay. Just wondering if anyone               
has had these problem and knows a way to fix it

Cheerz

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
Re: accelaration problem
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 05:21PM »
You got a pod?

You're sucking air into the engine, it's either going on the MAF causing it to stutter or it's actually leaning out the cylinders, one of the two, I wouldn't worry about it, just try and find where it's sucking the water from and maybe revise how it's made.

When I cleaned my engine bay once I had a little stutter because some water was being sucked up by the pod and my car would jerk around a little at those mentioned revs, it went away not long after though..

But I tell you in heavy rain I had to pull over!
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 08:56PM »
my old corsair did this, i found it to be caused by water getting into the distributor cap, it probably get's in by hosing the grille area with high pressure. I found if I hosed the grille area with no noxxle on the hose it was fine.

On a side note, when you wash the engine have the engine running.

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 08:59PM »
Yeh this has happened to me...you look like a manual noob haha.

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 09:40PM »
Ive had the water in dizzy problem too, but i didnt post it because it did it on idle and right through the rev range. He mentions only between 2 and 3.5k rpm. This is what is currently happening to me, and im yet to figure the exact cause.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 10:00PM »
this started happening to mine last night after i washed the engine bay. i tried really hard not to spray the dizzy area but it always gets in there. started it again this afternoon and drove it, problem is gone. worst case scenario clean your dizzy cap/rotor button out. 2 screws.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 11:49AM »
That's weird, I've never had water in the dizzy cap ever, and I demolish my engine bays with degreaser/water hrm.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline fst_trx

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 02:13PM »
Cheerz people so im guessing theres nothing  to worry about ill just have to be careful where i hose lol

Offline aidee

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 12:06AM »
had this problem when i put too much high pressure water up the front of my grill(water in the induction is no good for peformance)a long drive fixes this
(i have tourettes) fu$% it,shit,fu$%?shit?fu$%.