Author Topic: a few questions  (Read 2515 times)

Offline f8tal02118

• antrx.com junior member
  • little red rocket
a few questions
« on: Feb 2, 2008, 11:51PM »
hi i am new to this site a nissans  sorry if ive put this in the wrong area .  just wanted a few questions asked  can i put  lowered springs (coils) with out having to change any think else also i brought a rpm taco as my 1990 Nissan (u12) pintara dose not have 1 its a twin coil  just wanted to know where 2 hook the rpm signal wire to  on the coils on know where it goes on the old coils but not the new electronic 1s? and how would i go about finding out what pistons' cylinders cam  valves and so on? as i brought the car of a lady but before them the first owner has done it up  and she was going to do it up but didn't but she said what mods had been done but i want to find out what brand most of the stuff is ? about the rpm taco can i hook it up with out having to get after market gauge kit and if i need a wiring loom  or harness what ever you want to call it  first time for me working on a Nissan's i know more a bout Holdens then any other car wiring that is. if any  can help i will be great full    4 your help
(\_/) This is Bunny.
(O.o) Copy Bunny into your signature
(> <) to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline Jason

• U12/13 mixer
  • antrx.com senior member
Re: a few questions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 3, 2008, 08:45PM »
Wow thats a long sentance.
I can answer a few of your questions but the rest i cant understand.

You can fit lowered springs to you car without fitting anything else, It would be advised to match shockers to the springs and get a wheel alignment.

You can hook the tacho signal wire up to either one of the coil negatives. Wiring a tacho is the same on any vehicle.

Your not going to find out what brand any internal engine parts are without pulling it apart.

Offline f8tal02118

• little red rocket
« Reply #2 on: Feb 3, 2008, 10:11PM »
already pulled it a part had to replace all gaskets  and the  head gasket as it had major blow bye. Also had to do the master brake cylinder  as it would work most times then  when reversing the car smashed  a tail light a dented the bumper but no bigee.  Any 1 from Adelaide know where i can get a set  of  tail  lights or just 1 i went to city dismantlers and they want $88 dollars for  just 1 tail light but there second hand also there not worth $88 dollars as there faded by the sun or cracked and auto barn quoted me $145 dollars for 1 and at u-pull it they are also sun damaged  and how would i find out what model pintara i have as it has been de-badged  also where can i find body kits for it and engine mounts thanks if you can help
(\_/) This is Bunny.

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2008, 12:10AM »
Twin spark suggests it is the Gli or the Executive.

nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:25AM »
already pulled it a part had to replace all gaskets  and the  head gasket as it had major blow bye. Also had to do the master brake cylinder  as it would work most times then  when reversing the car smashed  a tail light a dented the bumper but no bigee.  Any 1 from Adelaide know where i can get a set  of  tail  lights or just 1 i went to city dismantlers and they want $88 dollars for  just 1 tail light but there second hand also there not worth $88 dollars as there faded by the sun or cracked and auto barn quoted me $145 dollars for 1 and at u-pull it they are also sun damaged  and how would i find out what model pintara i have as it has been de-badged  also where can i find body kits for it and engine mounts thanks if you can help

You can find out the model on the car plates in ur engine bay. 2L pintaras were either Executives (AUTO) or GLI (Manuals).

For the tail lights, I have a spare set u can have for $40 ($20 each) pp so if u want them then pm me.

For Engine mounts go to Global Auto spares (cheapest) or repco or supercheap (expensive) Id recommend getting the rear one urethaned by SSS because u will keep on replacing it and its not cheap. Ive had my car 3 years and im on my 3rd one.

Bodykit: Good luck. Scower forums and ebay. Beg, do sexual favors for them. Or you could pay more money and get a modified siliva or wrx one.

Offline f8tal02118

• little red rocket
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2008, 02:18AM »
You can find out the model on the car plates in ur engine bay. 2L pintaras were either Executives (AUTO) or GLI (Manuals).

For the tail lights, I have a spare set u can have for $40 ($20 each) pp so if u want them then pm me.

For Engine mounts go to Global Auto spares (cheapest) or repco or supercheap (expensive) Id recommend getting the rear one urethaned by SSS because u will keep on replacing it and its not cheap. Ive had my car 3 years and im on my 3rd one.

Bodykit: Good luck. Scower forums and ebay. Beg, do sexual favors for them. Or you could pay more money and get a modified siliva or wrx one.

might make my own body kit just the front first ill get a pintara bumper from u pull it to start off with a shape and  a place 2 start
(\_/) This is Bunny.