Author Topic: Help - Steering rack boot  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Hollis

• antrx.com junior member
Help - Steering rack boot
« on: May 9, 2011, 08:35PM »
So i got under the trx the other day and noticed the right steering rack boot had oil/grease on it and under it from where its been slowly dripping, i couldn't find any splits in the boot and or anything
and i didn't notice anything that could have been dripping on the boot from above it, it kinda looks like oil is comes out of the end of the boot(the end closest to the wheel), has anyone got advice on this,
i dont want to take it to get a new boot put on if i doesn't need too, im pretty broke at the moment but id rather get then end up having to get a whole new steering rack later on

Offline Hollis

Re: Help - Steering rack boot
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 08:35PM »
If anyones had the same thing or knows what im talking about any help is much appreciated

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 06:54PM »
If it's definitely coming out of the boot there is a problem with your steering rack.

The boots are there to keep dirt out of the steering rack, not to keep the oil in.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Hollis

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 09:13PM »
yeah i know ha just abit of grease should be in there thats it thats why i was unsure whats gone wrong, but i think iv figured it out anyway, what iv come too is that it has to be a buggered seal and its leaking powersteering fluid into the boot then slowly leaking out