Author Topic: rb25det turbo upgrade  (Read 3663 times)

Offline Arda

• antrx.com junior member
  • I Pitty The Fool Who Thinks Im Uncool
rb25det turbo upgrade
« on: Feb 8, 2006, 12:32PM »
hey guys i 93 r33 gtst and want to upgrade the turbo on it. i dont want to change alot of thing, somthing that will bolt on... one mechanic said the t28 ball bearing was da next step up and i would be looking around $2500 installed and it was brand new. the guy at ATP on princes hwy near chaddy said that i could get a rebuilt hi flow turbo for around 2000. so i was wondering which 1 i would be better off with.  anyone know where a good turbo specialst is in melbourne victoria??
'Last Nite I Have A Sex' - Borat

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: rb25det turbo upgrade
« Reply #1 on: Feb 8, 2006, 01:31PM »
hey guys i 93 r33 gtst and want to upgrade the turbo on it. i dont want to change alot of thing, somthing that will bolt on... one mechanic said the t28 ball bearing was da next step up and i would be looking around $2500 installed and it was brand new. the guy at ATP on princes hwy near chaddy said that i could get a rebuilt hi flow turbo for around 2000. so i was wondering which 1 i would be better off with.  anyone know where a good turbo specialst is in melbourne victoria??

stay away from that fucking cock munching [i seem to suffer from tourettes] at atp on princess hwy, he really is a dumb fuck.
I rang him when i was pricing GT3040's, and he was telling me that i don't know what i'm talking about and that it would be too big.

Try calling MTQ engine systems, they were excellent to deal with.

Offline brad

• antrx.com full member
  • WAGOOD......
« Reply #2 on: Feb 8, 2006, 10:48PM »
Why not step up to a GT28RS?high mounted....Yum.
whooooosh........

If your happy and you know it clap your hands!!!!

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #3 on: Feb 9, 2006, 12:10PM »
get an HKS GT-RS turbo, one of the best on the market for response and power, well above all the gt28's on the market here.

otherwise there are the Greddy T518 turbos, or the apexi RH6, can get most of these as just a bolt on but for best results get a kit setup

what other mods have been done to the car??

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!