Author Topic: Doors & gearboot retrimmed & repainted centre console.  (Read 5211 times)

Offline Complexity

• antrx.com senior member
  • Cookie?
Hey all, finally got around to taking some pictures of the work I'd done on my car over the past few months, it was all mainly one weekend here and another there, just was separated over a long time in little short bursts. The doors took me one day in all and the centre console and console surrounding the stereo and beneath the dash took me a weekend.

The doors were pretty simple, just followed some advice from these forums and bought some nice grey vinyl from spotlight and went into it head on. The gear boot I took to an auto trimmer and the centre console was just a matter of taking it out, sanding it down and painting several layers. I think I did about 8 actually!!! The end results:

Oh and for those who noticed the pedals... I know they're ricey and cheesey but I've always wanted them since I was a kid planning on what type of car I would get. They're easy enough to take off, so I will when I get sick of them!

- Complexity.

Offline VladIvanovic

• antrx.com junkie
    • My Company/Personal Website
Re: Doors & gearboot retrimmed & repainted centre console.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 9, 2005, 07:23PM »
looks pretty decent dude, nice work!

Offline Complexity

• Cookie?
« Reply #2 on: Aug 9, 2005, 07:56PM »
looks pretty decent dude, nice work!
Hehehe, cheers, I was pretty happy with the result. I coulda put more effort into it and made it look more flash but I got impatient and wanted results straight away, I think that's why I cut my hands up so much as well :)

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #3 on: Aug 9, 2005, 08:41PM »
Mine has racing pedels like yours as well (altho they were on the car when i got them) but i like them and altho ricey they give the car a sportyer look.

Offline herbal

• antrx.com junior member
  • burn down the parliment
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2005, 06:03AM »
hey at least your pedals arent held on by hot glueing them over the top of the orginal pedals like my mates. brake pedal feels like its gunna fall off. by the way nice work on them door trims, keeping it nice and simple. how much they sting you at spotlight for the vinyl?

Offline Complexity

• Cookie?
« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2005, 12:12PM »
Cheers for the comments, yeah these pedals are held on by a system of screws and plates at the back holding them onto the pedals. The biggest surprise over this trimming and other work was the price at spotlight for the vinyl. I worked out that I needed a piece about 1.9m by 1.6m, they had reels of vinyl in different colours with a width of 2m and you then tell them how long you want it. So I just got a 2m by 2m piece of vinyl and that cost me about $17 per metre long, so it was $34!!! Pretty darn cheap. Then just used contact adhesive [the stuff in the aerosol can from bunnings] to glue it and a staple gun.

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2005, 01:56PM »
hey man, very nice work. looks very clean, good luck keeping it that way (hehe)

as for the pedals, i rekon if u want "rice" pedals, do it! i got em (same sort of system of just plates and screws) and i rekon they don't look that ricey IMO.

anyways, keep up the good work, i wish i had a digital camera to put up pics of me beast   :'(
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline Complexity

• Cookie?
« Reply #7 on: Aug 14, 2005, 04:01PM »
hey man, very nice work. looks very clean, good luck keeping it that way (hehe)

as for the pedals, i rekon if u want "rice" pedals, do it! i got em (same sort of system of just plates and screws) and i rekon they don't look that ricey IMO.

anyways, keep up the good work, i wish i had a digital camera to put up pics of me beast :'(

Cheers, mate!! If you have a camera on your phone, use that... it may not be the best quality but we'll get an idea!

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 2005, 02:09PM »
Cheers, mate!! If you have a camera on your phone, use that... it may not be the best quality but we'll get an idea!

yeah i do hav a sony-ericsson camera fone, but me laptop that i'm using ATM in warrnambool is operating on windows 98 and me hello-fone requires windows 2000 or xp. i tried loadin the software anyways, but it didn't work. I'm looking at getting a digi cam soon anyways, so i look forward to that day  8)
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline Complexity

• Cookie?
« Reply #9 on: Aug 16, 2005, 12:18PM »
yeah i do hav a sony-ericsson camera fone, but me laptop that i'm using ATM in warrnambool is operating on windows 98 and me hello-fone requires windows 2000 or xp. i tried loadin the software anyways, but it didn't work. I'm looking at getting a digi cam soon anyways, so i look forward to that day 8)

If you can't wait till that day, you can MMS me some photos and I'll email them to you. If you wanna do that, PM me.

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
« Reply #10 on: Aug 16, 2005, 03:13PM »
cheers Complexity! Me broom-broom is a bit dirty ATM, so if i wash it in the next week or so i'll pm ya

Offline BIG D Performance

• new kid on the block
« Reply #11 on: Oct 7, 2005, 11:01AM »
Not bad ! not bad at all ...

Offline Complexity

• Cookie?
« Reply #12 on: Oct 7, 2005, 02:21PM »
Cheers BIG D, for a while I've been wondering why it doesn't feel complete, like I'm missing something. Then I saw someone else retrimming job on these forums with a red vinyl in a similar way to mine, he also had seat covers with the same red colour down the middle of the covers, so now I know what's missing and I'll be trying to find seat covers with a similar silver colour down the middle to complement my retrim job.

Offline bigpud2012

• "I drive a pissweak auto"
  • post whore
    • RSI - Adelade Sports Imagery - Clipsal 500 Classic Adelaide etc
« Reply #13 on: Oct 7, 2005, 07:02PM »
Hey fellas, im going to retrim the soor of my car tomorrow.

have all the panels off atm as i just installed front speakers.

but, ive got a dilemma.

one par tof me say i want to but the othe rpart says not to. The reason why is that it wont match the seats and ive been looking at seat covers but i cant find a decent set (front and rear)

I  have a white trx and wanted to do white vinal, but i think im goign to do BLACK now as it jsut appeals to me.

well im goign to make the decision tonight. argh!!!

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #14 on: Oct 8, 2005, 11:43PM »
I like the gear boot bro !
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Complexity

• Cookie?
« Reply #15 on: Oct 9, 2005, 01:31PM »
Cheers chr1S, yeah I'm pretty happy with it too!! Now I just need to get off my arse and find those seat covers that I want.

Offline bgla5312

« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2005, 09:29PM »
That looks clean man, smooth

Gear work is pro

top job

Offline Complexity

• Cookie?
« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2005, 10:19PM »
That looks clean man, smooth

Gear work is pro

top job

Thanks champ!!! Yeah I'd hope the gearboot job looks pro, I paid good money to have it done. Maybe I forgot to mention that before ??? ;D

Offline KMA_TRX

• mine
« Reply #18 on: Feb 4, 2006, 01:11PM »
i was considereing doing the same with the the doors but did i just want to know did u simply put one material over the old one or did u remove it then replace it???

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #19 on: Feb 4, 2006, 02:40PM »
Please stop digging up old threads.
First a Silver TRX, then a White TRX...whats next? Game Boy-Clear style TRX?

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #20 on: Feb 4, 2006, 04:57PM »
your going to make complexity cry now... :P

his car is in heaven.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

Offline Complexity

• Cookie?
« Reply #21 on: Feb 5, 2006, 12:47AM »
i was considereing doing the same with the the doors but did i just want to know did u simply put one material over the old one or did u remove it then replace it???

Remove the old shit back to the wood then spray adhesive'd the new vinyl to the wood. Except for on the front doors, where you can see, I've kept the bottom black vinyl trimming and put the new grey vinyl underneath it.

your going to make complexity cry now... :P

his car is in heaven.

hehehe, I was driving my ex home after work tonight (I got a pissy little 1.6L Honda Civic hatch) and we were at the lights with this honda prelude (just as pissy compared to my TRX) and he just went nuts at the lights and I didn't even bother... my ex started saying 'ooohh... if you still had...  oh wait, uhhh sorry *awkward smile*' hahahah
I wonder how my life would be different if I still had my TRX?!?!

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #22 on: Feb 5, 2006, 08:35AM »
your like my brother...

his white trx, no problems, no flat spot, felt like it actually had 96kw..., no creaks :P... all this stuff it was like perfect.. some fuckwit ran into his arse, it got written off, then he bought this trx again and he hates it :P.. so meh lol...