Author Topic: red paint for the u12 in a can is back!  (Read 4708 times)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
red paint for the u12 in a can is back!
« on: Nov 12, 2004, 07:15PM »
this could go in style, and it could kinda go in maintenance, but it'd get lost in both those sections, so its being posted here..

as most people will know the red paint for the pintara that you get in the spray cans from autobarn & supercheap and the likes used to be 'red glaze' this particular colour was discontinued around 2 years ago. i have discovered today that very recently a colour named 'impact red' was released which is made to match nissan reds used in 1989.. i bought a can of it today, tested it on a patch inside my bootlid and its a perfect match. so anyone that needs to touch up their red pintara or anyone that wants to colour code their bumpers, this is the stuff to get.

i can also confirm that previous information is incorrect regarding clear coat on the red.. the red pintaras do use a clear coat, so dont forget to get that.

if you are going to colour code your bumpers, dont forget to use the 'plastic adhesion undercoat/primer' so the paint doesnt peel off.

cheers  ;D

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Pringles

• antrx.com baked not fried
  • post whore
  • ;-) check me out !
Re: red paint for the u12 in a can is back!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2004, 08:20PM »
do you know if its posible to get other colours say... drift wood glaze? or is it posible to get the colour codes rock on down to say bunning get them to make it up spray can it and then i have a can of drift wood glaze?
Check out the Brown Couch !
the ole Nissan caught a cold... puachtuuu..!
i lost a testicle while shaving my scrotum
Jono wasn't here!

Offline vector

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2004, 08:38PM »
bunnings wont do it search for "luxury paints" and youll find what you need  :D http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php?topic=5180.0
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2004, 08:40PM by vector »
"Until the philosophy which hold one race superior and another inferior is finally discredited and abandoned...WAR! So that is prophecy, and everyone know that is truth. And it came out of the mouth of Rastafari"

Offline Pringles

• antrx.com baked not fried
  • post whore
  • ;-) check me out !
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2004, 08:52PM »
hahah stupid newbee (me) use the serch pringles, lol cheers vector :)
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2004, 09:01PM by Pringles »
Check out the Brown Couch !
the ole Nissan caught a cold... puachtuuu..!
i lost a testicle while shaving my scrotum
Jono wasn't here!

Offline japcrp

• antrx.com senior member
  • i loved my 350z. even if it was for a day
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2004, 06:43PM »
noss is rapped!!!!! ;D
yes my plate's say japcrap! but its worth it.

Offline Milford

• resident clown
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2004, 08:55AM »
is there one for 'platinum glow' because my bumpers are getting black speckles all over them, would this fix it?

Offline vector

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2004, 10:07AM »
is there one for 'platinum glow' because my bumpers are getting black speckles all over them, would this fix it?

yes repainting your bumpers will fix it and im pretty sure holts sell it but honestly youd be better off getting it custom tinted against your fuel lid as your paint will have faded, and for 22$ the can is twice as big  while as the holts paint is in a pissy little can and they sell em for 12-14$ i think not to mention the paint will be better quality however there could be another brand of paint thats better value but ive ever seen the "holts" range goodluck  :)
"Until the philosophy which hold one race superior and another inferior is finally discredited and abandoned...WAR! So that is prophecy, and everyone know that is truth. And it came out of the mouth of Rastafari"

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2004, 04:07PM »
the "red glaze" looks like a great match to the rest of your cars paint considering it's new on old paint.
(thats from looking at the pics in the cruise review thread)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2004, 10:09PM »
impact red actually.. red glaze was the old colour they made. and yeh, you can see in the cruise thread that it worked out fairly nicely.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2005, 02:11AM »
Ford Blaze red is also the same colour - I used it on my mirrors and they came out quite well (no clearcoat though unfortunately). It was the colour they used on the corsairs I believe.
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

Offline iTRX

• antrx.com junior member
  • SSDD
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2005, 11:05PM »
How about White? Do they have that one too?...Also which white is it?....I went to Kmart the other week and they had 3 types of white for my TRX!............

Damn!..........just gotta find where I put that workshop manual....GRRRRRRRRR!

BTW.....I know , I know, Long time no see/speak/hear.......Been busy.....Hope to catch up soon!

Thanks   

[B^P)
~Don't tell me YOU can't do this department~

"Do what you can, with what you have, where
you are."

Offline Krosbow

« Reply #11 on: Jul 5, 2005, 12:51AM »
Damm now i read this, that i can get cheap red glaze... Bugger i just paid $22 for a can that was "professionaly mixed" into a presure pack that dosent even bloody match.
"The Pintara TRX, Grannys Car On Steroids!"

Offline vector

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #12 on: Jul 5, 2005, 03:17PM »
did he match it from your car or just take the paint code?

Offline Krosbow

« Reply #13 on: Jul 5, 2005, 05:56PM »
Umm it was matched to the paint code... and made a few "tints" lighter to compensate for fading. The reason it didnt match was because the bumper whitch was the part to be touched up had been sprayed before with a paint that was no where near a match... The paint matches the rest of the bodywork perfectly, just not the darn bit i had to do!

Offline bondy

• antrx.com senior member
  • the bond
« Reply #14 on: Jul 6, 2005, 01:48AM »
the bumper whitch was the part to be touched up had been sprayed before with a paint that was no where near a match...

hey mate I don't wana tread on your toes or anything, but from what you're saying, getting a spray can of impact red would't have done you any good in this situation.  I guess that's why its always best to get it matched to your car.

Does the colour of your bumper look much different to the colour of your car or isnt it that noticeable?

Offline Krosbow

« Reply #15 on: Jul 6, 2005, 10:46AM »
Hey, the part of the bumper that i sprayed matches the car perfectly, its just the bumper that the guy sprayed before i owned it that does not match. So in otherwords the bit i redid is good, original bumper was shit! I also sprayed wear under drivers door on bodykit, cant even tell ive been there.

Cheers

Offline [JET-20T]

• anwrx member no.1
  • antrx.com junkie
  • boxer
« Reply #16 on: Jul 6, 2005, 08:38PM »
Does this paint only apply for colour coding bumpers. or other plastic parts or could you paint  for example a bootlid/bonnet/roof (or all of the above)??

Nice to be back also... have been in here in yonks.. feels like home again.
traction kicked in yo!

Offline Krosbow

« Reply #17 on: Jul 7, 2005, 12:24AM »
The paint i got was perfect for everything... just my bumper is differnt to normal... bugger! Id get a pic, but the cam on my phone isnt the best to show differences like that.
Cheers

Offline LoW GLi

• antrx.com junkie
  • Dble Up!! 2.0L 4 Cyl (Pinnie)... 4.0L V8 (180sx)
« Reply #18 on: Nov 22, 2005, 12:01PM »
i just did sum work on my car with the impact red, and well its a perfect match, if u spray it over the top or have a red primer colour... but i did it straight over the top of grey primer, and well its a shit laod darker.... :( so im gonna have to see what i can do... any ideas?? ill post pics when i get home

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #19 on: Nov 24, 2005, 09:32AM »
go over it in a silver or white sprey paint, then re sprey it with the impact red. It worked wonders on my back bar.

Offline LoW GLi

• antrx.com junkie
  • Dble Up!! 2.0L 4 Cyl (Pinnie)... 4.0L V8 (180sx)
« Reply #20 on: Nov 24, 2005, 12:03PM »
bu the undercoat is already a grey, so u reacon a lighter colour undercoat will fix that?? sweeeet cheers ash