Author Topic: JDM Roof Racks?  (Read 7763 times)

Offline MattJohn

• antrx.com senior member
JDM Roof Racks?
« on: Jan 19, 2012, 07:05PM »
Start by Quoting 'p00rcakemix' from SRTforums.com:
"I swear Honda owners find new ways to make themselves look like fucking idiots everyday. I've been noticing a lot of roof racks and tow hooks on Honda's lately, so I asked a Honda owner about it. Apparently it's the new cool and JDM thing to do and every Honda owner wants to do it.

Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK? "

It's not too new, and it seems to have infested some of the VW Golf population. Truthfully though, I don't mind it.

Honda..

I don't know if its just cause it's on a old school golf, but it looks dope.

Sticker bombing eh

Pink bikes ftmfw!

Doing not much looking around, i found ones to fit U12's:
Roof Rack: http://www.rhinorack.com.au/Vehicle_NISSAN_Pintara_4051.aspx
Luggage Basket: http://www.rhinorack.com.au/AccSubCategory_Steel-Mesh-Baskets_Page_1_Accessory_Luggage-Basket_127_9.aspx

What's you opinion's on "JDM" or "Jap spec (lol)" Roof racks on cars, more importantly on a U12?

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
Re: JDM Roof Racks?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2012, 01:27PM »
Fair enough if you use them for functional stuff such as carrying pink bikes or your grandma in her rocking chair, but otherwise as the japanese might say "totemo ghey".

Tow balls ar the aussie way, trailers are the most useful thing ever... can't move a pile of sand on your roof racks now can you!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2012, 03:28PM »
Plus tow-bars are good for protecting your car when retards decided to park too close in supermarkets, just make sure you reverse into your capark :P
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:26PM »
It just breaks up a bland roof. Rather than doing it with a tacky spoiler to break the colour up on the top side, a set of roof racks can be pretty sick.

Plus, ala the Acura, it says "I daily this dumped ride" which is fairly boss in it's own right.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:59PM »
Aerodynamically fucked tho... the older golf I like, the Honda and Volkswagen = poo
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2012, 06:42PM »
Agreed. But you don't put roof racks on a track car. It's usually stanced cars etc anyhow.

Not a fan of the older golf but that's just not the type of car I'm into. Not a fan of any of them tbth. The Acura gets a few points but only for being dumped so hard. I've seen better.

Offline MattJohn

« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2012, 10:07AM »
I agree with Cheezel, with the breaking up the roof and of course, you would only put them on stanced cars lol. It'd look neat on a low, stanced U12 (thats my theory anyway).
Tow balls ar the aussie way, trailers are the most useful thing ever... can't move a pile of sand on your roof racks now can you!
A stanced trailer!? haha

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2012, 01:07PM »
A stanced trailer!? haha

Seen it. Someone had a half cut of a stationwagon and used that as a trailer. Stanced that. Ive also seen a normal trailer with massive camber. Looked funny. If i can find pics tonight ill link.

Roof racks on a u12 for style? Neg. Roof is too high, would look silly. Chop top first, then well talk.