Author Topic: Gti-r turbo on a bluebird Atessa  (Read 63223 times)

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Re: Gti-r turbo on a bluebird Atessa
« Reply #180 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:44PM »
I have a GT2871R on mine, rev limit is at 8000 but I have forged pistons and lower compression ratio. Cant recommend that turbo enough, although I went for the 0.64 housing, I think you'd be better off going with the 0.86 like you have said, 20PSI @ 8000RPM, 3rd level of rev limiter sounds mental, and pulls fucking hard.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #181 on: Feb 13, 2010, 11:59AM »
what would u recomend for a stock engine though? 7500 doesnt sound too high.
another retarded question from me....what does the stock ecu look like and where abouts is it? i need to pull it out to send it to get the nistune daughterboard installed :)
Mods so far: 3" exhaust off the turbo, Fmic, HKS ssqv, D2 Fully adjustable coilovers, turbotech manual boost controller. running 12-13 psi

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #182 on: Feb 13, 2010, 09:46PM »
It's behind the stereo. You need to pull the stereo out, also take the 2 small interior pieces off the sides, of the console. There's either 2 or 4 10mm bolts holing it in, I can't remember. Also a 10mm bolt holding the big blue plug in the side of it.

7500 should be fine.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #183 on: Feb 14, 2010, 10:54AM »
the timing wont really be making your car drive differently as it is locked by the standard ecu, it just switching between maps coz of the pinging.......

standard speed limiter is set at 180kph on all jap imports
rev limiter is 7500rpm standard

you shouldnt have to pull out the stereo to get your ecu out, just pull off the two kick panels either side of the centre console and it should all be able to come out from there.

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #184 on: Feb 14, 2010, 01:56PM »
well on mine the rev limiter is on 7000...and at 200 it feels like its hitting the limiter and wont go over it.ok i will have a go at getting the ecu out sometime soon:) thanks guys!! :D
Mods so far: 3" exhaust off the turbo, Fmic, HKS ssqv, D2 Fully adjustable coilovers, turbotech manual boost controller. running 12-13 psi

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #185 on: Feb 15, 2010, 10:24AM »
ok so i finaly got the ecu u out. took me over an hour cause i threaded one of the screws and ended up having to take the stereo out to get to it lol.

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #186 on: Feb 15, 2010, 10:59AM »
does anyone know where i could get a new mechanism thingy for my electric windows..the front drivers side window has shat its self..the rear one isnt good either!!

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #187 on: Feb 15, 2010, 07:05PM »
so you have a speedo in yours that goes to 200kph??

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #188 on: Feb 15, 2010, 07:25PM »
lol 180 ..but it went over 180..bout 1 cm passed it..so close too 200 or a few more or less

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #189 on: Feb 15, 2010, 11:17PM »
Best place for a window regulator would be the wreckers. AUDM window regs should be the same as JDM.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #190 on: Feb 17, 2010, 02:11PM »
I'm only running 10psi boost and get very close to maxing out the injectors. Afm I can't remeber how close it got but it's very possible. 

the air flow meter is rated for the equivelent flow that would equate to approx 210hp if that makes sense. they're very easy to max out on  the sr with extra boost.

mmm not sure if i would change the rev limit..i feel bad enough whenever i rev it out to 7000..which is rare lol...what do most of u guys with the nistune or whatever else have yours set at? would 7500 be safe? cause im thinking of going that largest of the gt2871r. hrrmmm..so many options lol

dont raise the rev limit, its not worth it. not unless your motor is built for it. as for the 180km/hr limit, it can be removed with nistune.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #191 on: Feb 17, 2010, 07:21PM »
500 rpm increase doesnt sound like too much though..dont the 200sx's go that high?
i wouldnt raise it unless i had a slighter bigger turbo otherwise there is no point at all lol.
i will probably leave it as it is anyways:)

also,anyone has any experience with aftermarket z32 afm's ?

like this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Aftermarket-Z32-Air-Flow-Meter-AFM-Tomei-Plug_W0QQitemZ380204044084QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5885ed4f34

would that do the job as good a genuine one?
hrrmmm
pretty cheap

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #192 on: Feb 18, 2010, 10:25AM »
I can't speak for the qaulity of that one, but I only paid $250 for a good condition second hand genuine one. Could possibly not be worth the trouble if it is shit. As long as you also realise that you cant change the AFM without first having the nistune board installed.

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #193 on: Feb 18, 2010, 05:33PM »
nistune is being done now as we speak..should get it back on monday:) ordered a walbro fuel pump aswell. now waiting on 700cc injectors and looking for a z32 afm. im assuming i will have to get another adapted for the pod filter? lol anything else i have to do to fit the z32 afm?

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #194 on: Feb 19, 2010, 03:08PM »
Aren't 700's a little big, you might start to lose tunability down low.

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #195 on: Feb 20, 2010, 10:30AM »
i heard that size should be perfect.i've decided on a gt2871r turbo. think anything smaller would be close to maxing out, might aswell go bigger and have the headroom. hopefull in a month or so i will have the turbo on there and have it all tuned :) hate the wait!! i want it now!! lol

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #196 on: Feb 20, 2010, 12:20PM »
what trim is your gt2871r ? how much kws are u making at the wheels? i want to get close to 220 kws at the wheels when its all done.might get cams if i hav etoo but that wont be for awhile.
also, does this seem like a good deal?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Aftermarket-Z32-Air-Flow-Meter-AFM-Tomei-Plug-APEXi-Pod_W0QQitemZ220551770021QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3359e8efa5

i think i might just go ahead with it and purchase it and hope that it works the same the genuine afm

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #197 on: Feb 20, 2010, 09:48PM »
I cant remember what trim mine is? I think Im making about 220 at the wheels on 20PSI with cams. I have 550CC injectors and they done come near maxing out, you'll get better economy with 550's and it will be slightly easier to tune. 700's are excessive.

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #198 on: Feb 21, 2010, 12:48PM »
everyone says different things.but i rather have the headroom incase i want more power in the future.
ok on a different note..where the hell is the fuel pump located lol...i thought it was under the back seat..i took the seat out and all i see is nothingggggggg lol. was taking it out anyways cause im finaly putting my subs in from my old car in there..oh and another question..what do u use to feed the wires through to  boot? hrrmmff pain in the ass :)

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #199 on: Feb 21, 2010, 12:59PM »
the fuel pump is inside the tank on a shit of an angle in a braket that is a pain in the arse to get open, i swapped mine out for a walbro what a pain, enjoy

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #200 on: Feb 21, 2010, 11:00PM »
lol someone told me u could access it from under the backseat..how annoyinggg..does this mean i gotta empty the tank first? hrmmffff lol

Offline KA24ET

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #201 on: Feb 22, 2010, 06:46AM »
Nothing wrong with 700cc injectors. If ur using nistune u can change the pulse width and u wont loose any tuneability. thye just run very low duty cycle at low power.
Sr's will run 20psi on 98 fuel all day everyday revving to 7500 stock as a rock. Just need a good cooler, Engines are tough as, especially the GTir. Cams are good for 30 ish KW!!  Either turbo u mentioned will flow enough to get ur desired power... the housing will really determine when the turbo come ons. stock cams, small housing. Aftermarket, you can go the bigger housing. Prob wont have boost till 3500-3750ish on the bigger housing. But if its pulling to 7500- and hittin the soft limiter... thats prob fine!

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #202 on: Feb 22, 2010, 06:06PM »
i was thinking the bigger housing personally. GOOD NEWS..i got my ecu back with the nistune..found out my car was actualy limited at 200 like i said ..not sure why it was at 200..but i took it off and took it for a test and it definately took the limiter off..and now i have no desire to go that fast ever again unless on a track.lol. also set the rev limiter too 7200 ..no real reason..not actualy planning to rev it that much anyways lol.
still waiting on injectors and z32 afm..nto sure where to get that after marked afm or not..hrrmm
oh yeah i also noticed something after putting the ecu u back in..throttle sensor error code came up which i have never had before..what could of caused that?

Offline KA24ET

« Reply #203 on: Feb 22, 2010, 06:18PM »
Are u viewing the ecu though data scan??
Be very careful buying a AFM 2nd hand. AFM's are PERRISHABLE items!!! And your whole tune is based upon what the sensor says....!!
Z32 Maf are notoriously touchy. If previous owner used an oil bath filter, ruins the AFM. Cant mount them too close to turbo. Need nice straight flowing intake pipes...
U can buy a new one for 300.
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2010, 06:22PM by KA24ET »

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #204 on: Feb 22, 2010, 07:15PM »
where do i get intake pipes from? or do i have to have them made..and the ones im looking at are brand new..but arent the genuine brand. but are supposed to be basically the same..mmmm my car is running really rough..in 2nd gear it keeps cutting out around around 2500 rpm..has never done it before..might check the errors now after that drive
hrrmm really need a tune i guess. but i dont want to get it done before the turbo go's on..i think im just going to have to finaly wind the boost alllll the way down and baby it completely or just not drive it lol

Offline KA24ET

« Reply #205 on: Feb 22, 2010, 07:40PM »
When i ran nistune, i made my intake pipe. Bought the turbo snorkel. Matched the size to silicon. bought some three inch pipe. welded in the IAC and Crankcase breather and got the pod filter adapter to suit 3 inch pipe. AFM bolted to pod ,one more piece of silicon and it was done

I know the AFM you referring to and they are fine.

Who installed your board?
sounds like a dodgy solder... u could remove the jumper, it would revert to old maps on ecu and if that fixs problem get the board fixed...
Tune wont fix a dodgy board install

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #206 on: Feb 22, 2010, 07:50PM »
i sent it into the guy who sells the nistune boards lol..so u recon its faulty? hrmm i will give him an email

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #207 on: Feb 22, 2010, 07:55PM »
PS..making an intake pipe sounds to tricky for me:P im not very crafty haha, but me wants one please!! lol does it make it flutter any louder?:D

Offline S1NN3R

• antrx.com full member
  • my beast
« Reply #208 on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:32PM »
im talking to the guy now..he doesnt know what could be causing it..could i have changed something with the nistune software possibly? if so..how do i just reset it back to how it was?

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #209 on: Feb 22, 2010, 11:25PM »
Is it fine when boosting?

If it is i dare say its your knock sensor playing up.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"