Author Topic: Long overdue SSS issues.  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Craig-o

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Long overdue SSS issues.
« on: Nov 9, 2008, 08:23PM »
I have a 94 nissan bluebird.
Firstly, it has a Heads Up Display, and on the display there is a '(CHECK)' symbol. Im not sure what it could mean, and i know its vague, but anything i talk about next might give the answer?
(There is a bearing making noise likely to be around alternator,water pump, would that cause the check sign to come up?) (oils and fluids and everything else i know of in engine bay is fine)

Also, the handbrake light stays on ALL THE TIMe, even when handbrake is down as far as it can go. Ive pulled off the centre plastics and the light (doesnt come on when disconnected) and i checked connections/handbrake itself and all seemed fine.

Also, my boot lever isnt working, a friend has looked at the latch on the boot and it seems okay? The key still works in it.
The lever itself still has pressure behind it so i imagine its not snapped? but i dunno what else it could be.

The centre clock, stock i think to most nissans? include the 300zx, is half working half not working too. 50% of the time on start up, it comes on, dimly, it reads 1:00 (if that helps? (thinking maybe an error code?)

Also, what sounds like rear suspension,shock,spring creaks sometimes when going over bumps. Someone suggested trying some grease or something? Any ideas on that? and detailed instructions on what to do?

Also i forgot but when installing my new head unit the electric arial has stopped working. I still pick up some signal but i was told that was through rear windscreen antenna? Ive double chekced plugs and when i changed the HU i got an adaptor from the weird nissan plug to an antenna plug. I was told that upon ignition you should hear motor working, and not hearing it could mean no signal or its dead. (and i hear nothing upon ignition). If i need to remove the motor and replace it.. how can i get it out? ive looked in there and cant seem to find a way to get it out.

Sorry aobut all the probs guys but i know your all so good as mechanics/car tradies/car enthusiasts and i was hoping to get some of the problems fixed myself before taking it to a professional.

Thanks to all who read and many thanks to replies and help.

Best regards, Craig.

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
Re: Long overdue SSS issues.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 9, 2008, 08:43PM »
hello i had the same problem with my clock i went to the wreckers and 6 bucks later it was all fixed, it is the clock itself that is faulty.
creak in the rear end could be  the sway bar or other rubber parts being dry.

Offline snailman

• GOC 180' man
  • antrx.com senior member
  • 1994 U13 SSS BLUEY
« Reply #2 on: Nov 9, 2008, 09:06PM »
electric aerial might not be hooked up right, you shouldnt need an adaptor for the electic aerial cable only for the aerial itself, the electric part of it will be a wire just like the ones that run to your speakers (alot smaller)

if your getting radio your aerial is probably hooked up right.

if you still have the booklet for your head unit it should show you which wire connects to elec. aerial (or something simmilar) you just need to turn the car on (make sure head unit is on radio) and connect it with a wire, when you find the right one the aerial should go up.

hope this helps a bit msg me if you got any questions mate
loves doing 180's up great ocean road... not!

Offline Baiz

• antrx.com junior member
  • 93 Nissan Bluebird SES
« Reply #3 on: Nov 9, 2008, 10:13PM »
Also, what sounds like rear suspension,shock,spring creaks sometimes when going over bumps. Someone suggested trying some grease or something? Any ideas on that? and detailed instructions on what to do?

Have you had it lowered?

When I got mine lowered I was getting some knocking in the rear when going over bumps etc...

Took it back to the shop and they put some rubber caps on top of the springs and the noise was gone.
K&N Apollo cold air intake
Dobi Low springs
17" TSW Apex-R's
Coby 4 2 1 extractors HPC coated
New 2.25" exhaust/2xResonators/Zetti stainless steel cannon

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #4 on: Nov 9, 2008, 11:05PM »
Took it back to the shop and they put some rubber caps on top of the springs and the noise was gone.

those rubber caps would be bump stops. I may have some out in the shed

Firstly, it has a Heads Up Display, and on the display there is a '(CHECK)' symbol. Im not sure what it could mean, and i know its vague, but anything i talk about next might give the answer?
The car's owners says it comes on when any of the following lights come on; charge warning, engine oil pressure, emission systems ABS ( not equipped on the Australian model) seat belt waring light and fuel gauge light.
Now i understand why it turns on when i start my car then turns it self off after 6 seconds, its the seat belt reminder. Ive never seen the check on HUD come on when my fuel light has been on.

Your handbrake is it the light on the HUD or dashboard ?
Book says it could be for brake fluid.
Or your sensor may be damage/faulty or needs adjusting

Also i forgot but when installing my new head unit the electric aerial has stopped working. I still pick up some signal but i was told that was through rear windscreen antenna? Ive double checked plugs and when i changed the HU i got an adaptor from the weird nissan plug to an antenna plug. I was told that upon ignition you should hear motor working, and not hearing it could mean no signal or its dead. (and i hear nothing upon ignition). If i need to remove the motor and replace it.. how can i get it out? ive looked in there and cant seem to find a way to get it out.
there isnt a antenna in the rear window, thats a demister for when its fogged up. Check your fuses for the antenna.
No. 20 in fuse block
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline Baiz

• antrx.com junior member
  • 93 Nissan Bluebird SES
« Reply #5 on: Nov 9, 2008, 11:15PM »