Author Topic: front door trims  (Read 2376 times)

Offline phreeky

• antrx.com senior member
front door trims
« on: May 23, 2006, 09:12AM »
Front door trims on my U13 Attesa are somewhat buggered. Are the AUS spec ones the same, and if so how hard are they to get a hold of? (no wreckers up this way have any U13s).

The vynvly kind crap on the drivers side, where you'd rest your arm, has pulled away a tiny bit and now also got a split in it from wear (my yucky sweaty arm resting on it a lot i guess), and the passenger side vynl type stuff has also pulled away a tiny bit in a corner (hard to explain, but seems like it needs to be taken off and put back on.

Is this the sort of thing an upholstery place can do quite easily? The rest of them are pretty much perfect, just need a bit of a clean. Going around to upholtery place to ask is not so easy due to work, and when i ring them i get the "better to just come and show us" etc, so was hoping somebody here had something similar before.

Stupid door trims. Don't seem to like the NQ weather either I guess.

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
  • 5.7L LS1 oooh yeah baby!
Re: front door trims
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 10:01AM »
Hey buddy,
The front door trims on the U13 Attesa is the same as the Aus spec ones, the AUS spec ones came in only black (I think) where as the JAP spec ones came in black and grey.
They are easy to remove. Pop out the power window panel, look in the coin compartment thing, flip up the plastic circle cover to reveal a screw, remove the screw, remove the plastic compartment and plastic around the door opener (ha!), wiggle your fingers around the bottom of the trim and yank it towards you. I think there may also be a screw that needs to be removed in roughly the middle of the trim, I think a small section pops out which allows you to access the screw (or it may only be present on the passenger side trim, I can't remember).
Just pick up some new trims from the wreckers, you'll be able to pick em up cheaper than to get em fixed up.
Other than that, how's the U13 going?
I miss mine :(
Cheers.

Offline phreeky

• antrx.com senior member
Re: front door trims
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 11:27AM »
I could only find an average pic of the aus u13 trims, didn't look exactly the same, but i'll post pics of mine when I get home. Mine are grey, but the aus spec pics I saw were also grey.....hmm.

I've removed the door trims a couple of times for other reasons here and there (front speakers) so that's not an issue. I would like to just find new ones at a wrecker but like I said U13s don't seem to exist in wreckers up here so I'd have to get from down south and get sent up, and then obviously I can't check the condition.

Car is fine other than the door trims and still gotta fix the rear end since the idiot ran up the back of me last year, money has been an issue. Raced at the local sprints a few weeks ago, was an absolute ball, pretty good times, bit of sideways action and no issues at all with the car (except excessive amounts of smoke from the front brakes at times, they were copping it hard). Got plenty of odd looks from people too, squeel from the gearbox and a u13 spinning up the rears and flicking sideways at the hair pin, hehe. Still waiting to get a copy of it on video from a mate of mine who was there.