Author Topic: u12 pintara heating issues  (Read 3310 times)

Offline daximus27

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
u12 pintara heating issues
« on: Feb 6, 2012, 07:40PM »
HI EVERYONE IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND WAS WONDERING IF I CAN GET SOME ADVICE OR HELP, I HAVE A PINTARA WITH A KA 2.4 L MOTOR THE TEMPP GAUGE RUNS HALF WAY AND SOME TIMES IT GOES A BIT HIGHER BUT COMES BACK DOWN BUT IT HAS NOT GONE TO THE (H) AND SOME TIMES I DONT SEE THE FANS COMING ON, BUT THEY DO COME ON WHEN THE AIRCOND IS SWITCH ON. ALSO THE TOP HOSE IS HOT AND THE BOTTOM HOSE IS LUKE WAR TO COLD. WHEN THE ENGINE IS STOP I SQUISH THE HOSES AND I CAN HEAR THE THERMOSTAT CLICKING. ANY IDEAS WHAT IT CAN BE. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Offline JAWSTRX!

• antrx.com junkie
  • TRX STYLE!!!
Re: u12 pintara heating issues
« Reply #1 on: Feb 6, 2012, 08:33PM »
welcome to the site mate.my old car used to do that till i got a new Thermostat and it was fine after that...
Good luck with it
TRX 1-FORD FALCON 0

Offline Cheezel

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #2 on: Feb 8, 2012, 10:44AM »
Can't tell if trolling.

Your car is supposed to get warm. It doesn't sound like an issue at all? Top hose is hot coz it comes from the engine, bottom hose is cold coz it just came from the radiator. You sure it's the thermostat clicking?

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #3 on: Feb 8, 2012, 04:34PM »
Bottom hose should never be cold once the car has warmed up and is at operating temp.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Cheezel

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #4 on: Feb 9, 2012, 08:27AM »
its cold or warm. I guess the keyword I missed was "luke warm". Thermostat is opening up at a higher temp than normal or not at all. Change the thermostat.

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2012, 02:59PM »
HI EVERYONE IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND WAS WONDERING IF I CAN GET SOME ADVICE OR HELP, I HAVE A PINTARA WITH A KA 2.4 L MOTOR THE TEMPP GAUGE RUNS HALF WAY AND SOME TIMES IT GOES A BIT HIGHER BUT COMES BACK DOWN BUT IT HAS NOT GONE TO THE (H) AND SOME TIMES I DONT SEE THE FANS COMING ON, BUT THEY DO COME ON WHEN THE AIRCOND IS SWITCH ON. ALSO THE TOP HOSE IS HOT AND THE BOTTOM HOSE IS LUKE WAR TO COLD. WHEN THE ENGINE IS STOP I SQUISH THE HOSES AND I CAN HEAR THE THERMOSTAT CLICKING. ANY IDEAS WHAT IT CAN BE. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

And the need for capslock was...??
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline daximus27

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2012, 05:44PM »
HI GUYS CHANGE THE THERMOSTAT AND THE MOTOR IS RUNNING MUCH COOLER LESS THE HALF WAY CHEERS.