Author Topic: air temp sensor  (Read 1677 times)

trxadelaide

air temp sensor
« on: Dec 4, 2003, 11:56AM »
as i have previously posted i have recently installed a K&N pod filter.. I have placed the air temp sensor underneath the pod and just inside the factory cold air induction pipe. Does anyone know if the placement of the sensor can effect performance or fuel economy? I would suspect that it would have somewhat of an effect on  these 2 factors but i cant come 2 my own conclusion on this one... can anyone help? Cheers!

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re:air temp sensor
« Reply #1 on: Dec 4, 2003, 02:58PM »
just put it in a location that you feel will best sense the temperature of the air entering the intake. dont place it anywhere where it will give incorrect readings.

many years ago when talking to friends that got me into modding cars in the first place, they mentioned that they drill a hole in the base of their pod (without hitting the element of course) and they found that this yielded the best results.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Dec 4, 2003, 05:40PM »
Air temp sensor is only required to retard timing when the ambient temp is high to avoid detonation.

trxadelaide

« Reply #3 on: Dec 5, 2003, 01:35PM »
thanks 4 the help with that guyz!!! ;)

after what u sed sssgtr i can now understand why i was getting pinging when i first put my pod in. I had my air temp sensor in the snorkel and was running ordinary unleaded... Now iv moved the sensor and running 98 it doesn't ping anymore! Phhwew!My engine didn't detontate!