Author Topic: nissan pintara gli 1990 stock stereo  (Read 12954 times)

Offline petey

• antrx.com junior member
nissan pintara gli 1990 stock stereo
« on: Mar 20, 2009, 10:15PM »
hey does anyone know if 1990 gli came stock with a clarion cd player cos the guy i bought the car off doesnt know..
cos i recently got a new battery and the stereo "coded" and no one knows the code... i rang my local nissan dealership and they dont know either...
CHEERS!!  ;D

Offline weasel

• antrx.com moderator
  • post whore
  • ooooweeeooooo
Re: nissan pintara gli 1990 stock stereo
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2009, 10:17PM »
nope cd players in cars weren't really around in 1990

you would have had a generic tape deck at the most, definitely not clarion.

can guarantee it is aftermarket
"Noss is God"

Offline petey

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2009, 10:39PM »
ok cool thanks lol... umm do u have any clue where i could get the code for the cd player?
thanks  :P

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2009, 12:14AM »
Normally it gets written down by owners, and consequently lost. Best bet is to just get a new CD player, almost equates to less hassle than finding the/a code to unlock it etc. a cheap plain old CD player at autobarn/supercheap auto can be as little as 80 these days. im assuming you only want it for radio/cd, nothing too flash, otherwise you wouldnt be trying to salvage the clarion currentl in there.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline petey

« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2009, 12:13PM »
yeah iv just been getting the run around trying to get a code that doesnt seen to exist lmao... im gunna look on ebay before i look at supercheap or autobarn cos iv been seeing some cool cd/mp3 players on ebay lol
cheers  :)

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2009, 11:44PM »
Don't buy one off ebay, they aren't worth the hassle either. Get a cheap one from one of the big chain stores. Wow sight n sound has basic Kenwoods on sale for $88 at the moment. Can't go wrong with one of them!
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline petey

« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2009, 08:27PM »
ok lol... where's sight and sound? is there one in gippsland? or melbourne?
cheers

Offline sxtacy

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2009, 12:11AM »
I think that's the online shop; www.wowwicked.com.au think there are some actual stores though, a few in queensland and I think there is one in shepparton in vic.
nothing.

Offline petey

« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2009, 12:54PM »
cheers thanks for that... that was the online shop lol
im gunna have to buy one off there cos shep is like 650 km's from where i live

Offline petey

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2009, 11:36AM »
i got a repco mag in the mail today and it had a Jensen headunit, two 300w front speakers, 400w rear speakers, 760w 4 channel amp and a 12" 875w sub and box...... is that a good buy???
cos yeah i do need a new amp and sub lol

Offline petey

« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2009, 11:37AM »
oh it was for $298 lol

Offline P-Unit

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2009, 11:42AM »
for 298 dollars that an amazing deal if it's all Jensen gear, if the speakers etc are all generic branded then it could be a good deal, or it could all break when you look at it, buying cheap audio gear is always a gamble, like shopping for audio stuff on ebay, until youve heard it you just cant know.

as for the code for the cd player, alot of shops when installing a unit write the code on the unit itself in black marker, just suggesting that incase you hadn't already removed the unit and had a good look.

Offline sxtacy

« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2009, 01:11PM »
Just remember that jensen isn't top class audio, so it will be cheaper anyway, although I have heard that they are reliable  :)

Just don't do what I did and buy some cheap audio stuff from supercheap, then have it die on me in 2 months, 3 times  >:(
Speakers are usually good no matter what.

If you want really good sound though go any of the middle range SONY/CLARION/PIONEER/KENWOODS headunits. They kick arse over a little cheapey (talking bout those budget $60 ones, not jensen :))

And if you want to know which brand I prefer, its in order up there^

nothing.

Offline petey

« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2009, 03:16PM »
yeah i think i mite go buy that jensen pack from repco on tuesday lol
cos im only gunna be using it for a year or so till i have the money to spend 2k or more on a decent system
cheers

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 27, 2009, 01:56AM »
SONY/CLARION/PIONEER/KENWOODS

And if you want to know which brand I prefer, its in order up there^

In reverse order I hope :P
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2009, 09:53AM »
In reverse order I hope :P

Me too!
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline sxtacy

« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2009, 01:19PM »
Well, I have never had a kenwood so can't say, the old clarion i had was pretty damn good, but the high/middle range sony i have now kicks arse all over, and the last pioneer I had was, meh.

Just to clarify, I went to the audio shop looking for a nice pioneer H/U, but the salesman talked me out of it by showing me a $900 SONY H/U on sale for $500! Sounded heaps better than the equivelent $500 Pioneer, so that's what I got  ;D

I'm sure it depends more on how much you want to pay with each brand, obviously a $900 SONY is going to be better than a $200 pioneer, and clarion are costly just for a basic model, so If you spend 2G on it, it would probably be the same as a $500ish other brand.

All comes down to money, and value for it.

My 2 cents
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2009, 02:08PM by sxtacy »
nothing.

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #17 on: Mar 27, 2009, 08:23PM »
$900 SONY H/U VS equivelent $500 Pioneer
a $900 head unit is only equivalent to yet another $900 head unit. on sale for $500 means nothing, its still technically a 900 buck head unit, so you should have measured it up against something similar. but i do know what your saying, your 500 was better spent on the sony rather than equivalent pioneer.

Personally despise sony, couldnt even get my RCA leads right. i mistakenly used their RCA leads thinking that "hey, never been used, they should be fine". picked up mass amounts of whistle through my tweeters, swapped to aerpro RCA's, 9 bucks cheaper and no whistle.

also, everyones order is different. my personal order: PIONEER, KENWOOD, CLARION, SONY.

but other people have had problems with clarion, ive had problems with kenwood and sony, and only rate clarions expensive top end gear...
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline weasel

• antrx.com moderator
  • post whore
  • ooooweeeooooo
« Reply #18 on: Mar 29, 2009, 09:49AM »
i'd like to add JVC in the mix for head units too

the price you pay for the features you get is quite good value and the sound quality is pretty good too

just another option
"Noss is God"

Offline sxtacy

« Reply #19 on: Mar 31, 2009, 12:54PM »
a $900 head unit is only equivalent to yet another $900 head unit. on sale for $500 means nothing, its still technically a 900 buck head unit, so you should have measured it up against something similar. but i do know what your saying, your 500 was better spent on the sony rather than equivalent pioneer.

Personally despise sony, couldnt even get my RCA leads right. i mistakenly used their RCA leads thinking that "hey, never been used, they should be fine". picked up mass amounts of whistle through my tweeters, swapped to aerpro RCA's, 9 bucks cheaper and no whistle.

also, everyones order is different. my personal order: PIONEER, KENWOOD, CLARION, SONY.

but other people have had problems with clarion, ive had problems with kenwood and sony, and only rate clarions expensive top end gear...

I see what your getting at, Each to their own I guess. I actually thought that SONY was shit when I first heard them in other peoples cars (way back in high school), but I guess they must have picked up their act since then.

Oh, and I don't use any other SONY parts, I have had Cadence Speakers and subs, pioneer speakers, and a host of other branded amps and cables, only got my SONY 6x9s coz they were bloody cheap, but still sound pretty good.
I would only buy decent SONY headunits tho, that goes for any brand actually  :D Still don't reckon their speakers are as good as the other ones I have, but they do the job.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2009, 12:56PM by sxtacy »
nothing.

Offline petey

« Reply #20 on: Apr 1, 2009, 05:18PM »
i bought a kenwood KDC-139 i wired it all up properly to test it and it all worked fine but when i accually installed it i heard a crakle then the headunit wouldnt even turn on.. could i have accidently blown a fuse of short cirquited it??
thanks

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #21 on: Apr 1, 2009, 05:41PM »
I had a JVC headunit in the pintara and i liked it so much i kept it and put it in the 180sx...

Offline petey

« Reply #22 on: Apr 1, 2009, 05:50PM »
i just realised i accidently touched the metal casing on the headunit that would make the unit no good ey?

Offline nstg8a

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #23 on: Apr 1, 2009, 06:40PM »
i just realised i accidently touched the metal casing on the headunit that would make the unit no good ey?

depends what you touched it with.... ;D

Offline petey

« Reply #24 on: Apr 1, 2009, 06:57PM »
im pretty sure either the black or red wires touched the metal bit near the ash tray or the headunit casing

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #25 on: Apr 1, 2009, 07:53PM »
Are you sure you wired it up properly?

Check your power connections with a test light, also probe the case of the head unit with the test light.

The test light should light up on the power connections, but shouldn't light up on the case of the unit.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline petey

« Reply #26 on: Apr 1, 2009, 08:00PM »
thanks lol... what and where can i buy a test light?
its strange cos after the cd player went dead... i reconnected the battery and it started crackling could that be the fuse?

Offline sxtacy

« Reply #27 on: Apr 2, 2009, 12:28AM »
Check your fuses first, then make sure you have a GOOD ground. If you need to, attach the ground wire directly to the car body via a bolt or long screw.
nothing.

Offline petey

« Reply #28 on: Apr 2, 2009, 04:50PM »
yeah i checked the fuses and the room lamp fuse was blown.. replaced it and now the headunit works perfectly  ;D..
iv got a noob question how come it was because of the room lamp fuse and not the audio fuse?

Offline weasel

• antrx.com moderator
  • post whore
  • ooooweeeooooo
« Reply #29 on: Apr 2, 2009, 09:39PM »
you could have taken the power from the wrong wire, like an illumination wire ore something

check the forums here i'm sure i've seen a wiring diagram for our cars on here somewhere. i'd look for you but i'm kind of lazy :P
"Noss is God"