Author Topic: Oil Pressure problem - HNU12  (Read 1063 times)

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
Oil Pressure problem - HNU12
« on: Jun 16, 2012, 10:29AM »
Hi guys been a while but I really need some help can't find the problem.

I was racing a guy with a Honda Civic Hatchback Turbo when i saw my oil gauge with a oil pressure of 55lbs, full boost(14psi) in third gear  so I  stop the car right away and park, when checking we listen a little sound like a bearing problem in cylinder 2, so directly to the shop.
Put apart engine and see it was no problems with the bearings all in good shape so I made a little upgrade and put some ACL standard bearing, all of them. Then send the oil pump to check and it was damage. I bought a brand new OEM GTiR oil pump witch give more oil pressure along came the damper change and a little spacer to fit in my HNU12. But is now giving a oil pressure of 15-20lbs in cold. We clean all the oil lines    of the whole engine and did a flush and it still not giving good oil pressure. So we make a test and took out all the spark plugs and the oil filter and give ignition but it was not oil coming out without having the oil filter  connected.. Meaning it's like oil pump is not sucking oil. We mount 2 other oil pump from cars that were in the shop and same result. I'm really running out of options and the cars has been 3 month with no good new.
So now that I have tried different thing ask and read, I decide to ask you guys who knows this car better than anyone else and may be give me a hand with some ideas? I will really appreciate it.
Thxs, Andres....