Author Topic: Having issue accessing 1st, 2nd, and reverse gears.  (Read 1866 times)

Offline nitrouz

• antrx.com junior member
Having issue accessing 1st, 2nd, and reverse gears.
« on: Oct 11, 2007, 11:08AM »
So i just got my car back from getting a new starter motor, new king springs, bushes, ball joint, couple of leaks fixed, cv boots. anyways first thing i notice when i got it back was it was hard to drop back into 2nd gear, this only happend twice and then never happened again so i never thought anything of it.
until last night i was driving along aproaching a roundabout and went to drop back into 2nd gear, instead hit 4th, so i took it out of 4th and went to move across into 2nd and i was back in 4th again.
I couldnt actually get over far enough left to place it in 1st or 2nd, so i sat there trying all the gears and found i could only use 3rd 4th and 5th.
Pissed off, i started off in 3rd gear and gave it a booting up to about 100kph and then slowed back down and tried dropping back into 2nd and it worked. i had all my gears again and it didnt play up all night after that.
Until this morning on my way to work. it happened again.

I had a similar issue on my old prelude which was FWD therefor i could access the cables etc and found one of the cable mounts had come off.. It feels exactly the same this time in the bluebird, and now that i think of it i think its exactly the same gears. however this is AWD and i have absolutely no idea what to look for.. this is my first AWD car.

Any opinions are appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: Having issue accessing 1st, 2nd, and reverse gears.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2007, 11:57AM »
Something is fucking up in your linkages back to the gearbox...

Or something is fucked INSIDE your gearbox.

Jack up the car and get underneath it, taking a good look at the linkages back to the gearbox and where the support brace bolts to the transfer case.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline nitrouz

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2007, 12:20PM »
Something is fucking up in your linkages back to the gearbox...

Or something is fucked INSIDE your gearbox.

Jack up the car and get underneath it, taking a good look at the linkages back to the gearbox and where the support brace bolts to the transfer case.
yeah thanks , lol. lets hope its not the latter.
Im goin to the mechanic who worked on it at 2:30 to throw it up on the hoist and he can check it out.. i have broken the 5th metacarpal in my hand at the moment so its a bit difficult working on a car with 1 arm, my left arm at that and im right handed..

Offline nitrouz

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2007, 02:58PM »
turns out linkages are all fine and it is the clutch not disengaging properly. now whether this is a hydrolic issue or not remains to be seen.. if its not hydrolic then what would the cause be? its weird.. my clutch is worn out , hence slippage, yet its not disengaging correctly either. lol 2 opposites.