Author Topic: Upgrade ideas  (Read 2333 times)

Offline awd2.0t

• antrx.com junior member
Upgrade ideas
« on: Nov 27, 2008, 09:37PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of upgrading the bluey at the moment it has 3 inch exhaust, gtr intercooler & K&N filter.

Was looking to put in a Wolf 3dV4, but will then may aswell do the injectors and the fuel pump.  Looking to ideally strive for the 200kw at the wheels, so turbo upgrade will have to come later. 

Any ideas on what size injectors & fuel pump I should go for?

Offline cruizer

• post whore
Re: Upgrade ideas
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2008, 10:56PM »
Fuel pump I'd probably suggest a Bosch 040. That'll flow what you need easily but not sure if they have a generic one? I've seen them for as low as $150.

Injectors wise you will be maxing out red top sr20det injectors (good for 180-190kw) but from reading on nissansilvia.com S15 sr20det injectors can hold up 200-220kw. This is obviously pushing the limits and running a very high duty cycle. Otherwise you might have to look at the next size up in aftermarket ones or possibly see if you can flog some from another model (for example I got GTR injectors for my ca18det).

You also might need to look at AFMs btw.

Your best bet will be to have a good search and read on nissansilvia.com. They cover sr20dets almost to death  ;D

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2008, 04:47PM »
all i can say is if you want to keep costs down, get some aftermarket 550cc injectors, these will cover you no worries.

get a z32 afm, bosch or walbro intank fuel pump, and a Nistune daughterboard and chip(stock ecu but fully remappable, so no rewiring) and tune for that setup. all up i would say if you pay over 1500 for all that then you will have gotten stiffed. so it can be done for a reasonably cheap price.

without changing the turbo i would doubt that you will hit 200awkw's, even with my highflowed stock turbo it cant push out anything reliably above 14psi or 1 bar.....

best of luck with it

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline awd2.0t

« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2008, 08:40PM »
Wouldn't a Wolf 3dv4 be better than the Nistune or other daughterboards?

Was thinking the 550cc injectors are Sard ones ok?

Still working on the pump was thinking a Bosch intank 910

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2008, 09:31AM »
A lot of after market computer systems have a hard time talking with the standard sensors and as a result idle is shit and sometimes it makes it harder to tune. Unless your going to change everything to suit the aftermarket ecu your better off with nistune. I'm running a nistune board and it's fantastic. All the features of a standard ecu with the ability of realtime tuning. Can't see the greater advantage of an aftermarket one.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2008, 10:38AM »
couldnt have put it better kranz!

the ease of installation and use of the Nistune Far outways any aftermarket offerings. look it up at www.nistune.com

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline awd2.0t

« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2008, 10:32AM »
After a bit more reading and recalculating of the budget given what I want from the car the Nistune should do the job.

Shopping List:
A Z32 AFM (2nd hand should be able to get one for around $200)
Bosch 040 fuel pump (again about $200)
Nistune board ($440)
Injectors 555 ($400 -$600 depends on new or 2nd hand) (Are the top or side feed) (Impedence??)
Install & tune (I'm guessing around $300?)

Let me know if you think any of the above are under or over priced.

Also do I need to replace any sensors (knock, O2) or parts given the age of the car (1993) and Km's (150,XXX)? (Water Pump, starter & Alt recently done)

Cheers

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2008, 01:32PM »
After a bit more reading and recalculating of the budget given what I want from the car the Nistune should do the job.

Shopping List:
A Z32 AFM (2nd hand should be able to get one for around $200) - Could get away with a RB20 AFM which will cost $40-50
Bosch 040 fuel pump (again about $200) - Good choice. Check HPI magazine they have sponsors selling them for $150
Nistune board ($440)
Injectors 555 ($400 -$600 depends on new or 2nd hand) (Are the top or side feed) (Impedence??) - 2nd hand are okay if they have been flow tested and cleaned. If the injectors suit SR20DETs they should be same impedance with stock mounting positions
Install & tune (I'm guessing around $300?) - I'd estimate almost double that depending on your mechanic & tuner