Author Topic: What are attesas going for these days?  (Read 3971 times)

Offline Impakt

• antrx.com junior member
  • new kid on the block
What are attesas going for these days?
« on: Apr 5, 2006, 12:24PM »
Hi all,
It's coming to the time where i have to sell my beloved attesa, and dont know how much it's worth. Anyone got any ideas?

It's a gun metal grey 1994 Bluebird Attesa with black top SR20DET which is stock on the outside but has the following engine/interior mods:

* GT25 Turbo (rated @ 350HP)
* 3" Liverpool Exhaust from dump back with twin tip HiTech muffler to look as close to stock as possible. Also pretty quiet for a 3" SR20DET.
* Garrett bar and plate intercooler (painted black) (core from Cooma Diesel - custom end tanks)
* Z32 air flow meter
* 600cc Injectors (hiflowed)
* Chipped ECU (tuned by Unigroup on 4wd Dyno).
* R33 GT-R fuel pump
* 60mm throttle body from N14 Pulsar SSS
* Custom intake and (Apexi filter) and relocated battery
* Blitz Dual SBC Boost Controller
* Momo Race Steering Wheel
* Autometer Boost, Oil Pressure and Voltmeter gauges installed in spare DIN slot (with cover)
* Pioneer Flip face Tape deck with 6 stack CD
* Pioneer Splits in doors
* Pioneer 6" 3 ways in parcel shelf
* Some 500W amp powering the rear speakers only (has 2 channels spare for fronts).
* ~107,000 kays.
* Tinted windows (20% tint - nice and dark)
* Brant immobiliser
* Rhino Alarm
* Made 166.6awkw at SAS on ~20psi. I think with a new clutch and more agressive tune it can crack 180.
All the mods were done myself unless shop mentioned above.

Never thrashed, gave it a hit every now and then but that's about it.

I also have a spare manual gearbox that i got cheap from a pulsar sr20det conversion.

Impakt

Offline Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing

• antrx.com junkie
  • Ma-Jik
    • Ma-Jik
Re: What are attesas going for these days?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 5, 2006, 12:40PM »
Im very interested in buying, Do you have a number I can call to work out a price and a time for an inspection?
Written off HNU13 Atttesa, PM me for part requests.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: Apr 5, 2006, 03:03PM »
Go the factory NISMO strut braces :)
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #3 on: Apr 5, 2006, 06:27PM »
nice car, thats for sure!!

as for price, dont go any less than $12,000, but if it was my car i would be asking for 15k as the manuals are very hard to come by.....

good luck with the sale, melbournites buy this car!!!!

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline TRXACT

• new kid on the block
« Reply #4 on: Apr 5, 2006, 06:40PM »
I have just purchased a 1992 unit out of Mackay QLD. One owner, 85k, remote alarm and T/Timer are the only mods. A very good example of the marque. It cost me more than $12k and less than $14k (incl freight to ACT). This would probably be the most recent purchase and should provide a good indication. You would have to decide what the modifications are worth when arriving at your asking price.
For example when I was looking, an unmodded car was more attractive to me as I have my own ideas, other buyers may see your mods as a bonus.
Best of luck with the sale.

Offline Impakt

• new kid on the block
« Reply #5 on: Apr 5, 2006, 06:50PM »
Other ideas as in you wanted a stock car or your own ideas in modding it?

I think if you want to power up an attesa to reach ~180awkw this is the perfect set of mods to achieve it. But, each to their own...

Offline TRXACT

• new kid on the block
« Reply #6 on: Apr 5, 2006, 08:20PM »
I plan to 'power up' as you say but each to his own. Therefore I opted to take the path of securing a mod free vehicle so that I can research and choose those components I want. Do not disagree that you have developed an excellent set up and I am sure there will be a very, very happy buyer/purchaser out there.

Offline jrgtv6

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #7 on: Apr 6, 2006, 12:34AM »
My 94 Attesa Black top Auto is up for grabs, $9500 totally stock 12m reg and a rwc, I'm in Melbourne  JR 0409 091 252

Offline attessa_sss

« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2006, 11:09PM »
tell me something do the black top sr20's have a engine number starting with sr20 and the red rocker cover engine number starting with sp20?

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #9 on: Apr 15, 2006, 03:01AM »
no, all start with SR20. i think the sp20 would be the mazda 323 thingy :)

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline phreeky

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2006, 03:40PM »
to be honest impakt i don't think you've plugged it very well, at least not on the forums i go on and have seen it. you can advertise on car specific forums (i.e. nissansilvia, skylineau), and give it a title they'll like (i.e. on nissansilvia, maybe "sr20det awd sedan" or something that'll grab their attention).

i would want $15k for that (and i'm sure you do too), but if it doesn't come your way then it may be best to try advertising as a stock car at $13k, and sell off the other parts if you make a sale like that. they're not real common cars (sure they're not the rarest thing in the world, but i've only ever seen two others before in real life), and so a modded one will need to be to just the "right person" - so at $15k it wont be a quick sale (even thought it might be a great deal).

so other little bits and pieces:
- some more interior shots including rear seats, you haven't really shown how nice they are inside
- 166kwatw to a lot of people sounds like bugger all, i imagine SAS have a relatively low (read: real) reading dyno - consider getting a quick run done somewhere else with the car as it is at present (not to mention it's modded, so mentioning a 1/4mile time if you have one - or even those of other less modded bluebirds - might be a good idea)
- don't mention the spare gearbox, it scares people off

hope that helps a little

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
  • 5.7L LS1 oooh yeah baby!
« Reply #11 on: Jun 2, 2006, 07:25PM »
The resale value of the autos have started to fall, i've seen many sell for $8000 to $10000. I've seen a few sell for $7000 to $8000 as well. It's gettting ridiculous, you see Silvias selling for more.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #12 on: Jun 3, 2006, 12:08AM »
The resale value of the autos have started to fall

I have seen three in the last few months that have been and gone, all for under 8k.  All were on their 2nd or a 're-coed' auto box.  The autos just aren't as tough, especially not when people hammer them (as alot of HNU13's would be hammered).
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Counterpunch

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #13 on: Jun 3, 2006, 12:43PM »
I've got to say my auto gearbox seems to have lasted quite well.  Haven't had any issue until I've done the engine swap.  Damn thing leaks!  >:(  I think its just a case of bringing it up to heavy duty like one would with a manual gearbox.  Any thoughts on selling the spare manual gearbox separately?  If so, how much?
RNU12 Bluebird SSS Attesa
HNU13 Bluebird SSS Attesa Ltd

Offline jrgtv6

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #14 on: Jun 5, 2006, 12:19AM »
My auto works perfectly, never has it slipped or played up.  I changed the fluid and only saw a small amount of metallic paste around the magnetic plug.  The auto was doing strange things at one point and I feared the worst, however it was the TPS which was sending the wrong signals to the trans.  My Attesa is unmodified though, so I cannot comment on higher output engines.  The auto trans is much better suited to peak hour traffic

Offline Impakt

• new kid on the block
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 09:04PM »
Guys sorry for the bump, I've driven this thing like once a month all year so I've decided to sell it. I simply don't use it enough to warrant keeping it. If you're interested in it let me know and i'll post up some photos of it

Impakt

Offline bluebird

• new kid on the block
« Reply #16 on: Jun 4, 2007, 10:01PM »
I have to say I was in the same boat a little while ago as my attesa was lucky to leave the garage once a fortnight. At the end of the day Japanese cars just dont hold their value even if their rare.
I have a manual one putting out around 170kw at the wheels and I am sure i will struggle to get 12k for it. The only people who want them are other nissan freaks like us.
I have decided to keep mine not as an investment but as memories of how many v8 hereos I used to embarass. The sleeper qualities of these cars are unbeatable. Unless I get stuck with finances it will remain in my garage.
The true nissan enthusiast will always comment on these cars and I am still getting comments on it today. The manual versions are rare as hens teeth and there would be lucky to be a hundred in the whole of Aus. I suggest not to let it go unless you get the price you want for it. Dont get yourself in the position where you get offers around 8 to 10k and are tempted to sell it.
You will kick yourself down the track.
I just bought a r31 gts-x very cheap from Japan and these two cars will look great together as some old school nissan turbo beasts.
Good luck with the sale. When you put so much effort and work into a car is hard to let ago.
At the end of the day we all do what we think is right. Only time will tell if it was a good decision.