Author Topic: u12 nut intro and question  (Read 1871 times)

Offline u12 nut

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
u12 nut intro and question
« on: Oct 16, 2008, 01:44PM »
hi my name is Joe been reading everything on this site with great interest for a couple of months i have found the info on hear very helpful with my tired old ca20e but o she is a little too tired now and i would like to stick a ka24e into her but i cant work out if there is any engineering to be done to make it legal i have looked on the rta website and got more confused so if anyone has done this conversion in nsw some info would great. also my current ca20e seems to miss violently when ever a go over quarter throttle any suggestions the timing is correct it has new platinum plugs and topgun leads. sorry to babble my first post ever not sure exactly what say.
so many choices

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Re: u12 nut intro and question
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2008, 03:43PM »
Changing engines shouldnt be a problem as both engines were available in that series of car.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2008, 04:01PM »
as kranzy said you shouldnt have any problems going to a ka24e as they're from the same car..

because you have to change the loom to go to the ka24e anyway, if you can find a u13 ka24de you should look at swapping to that. they have the same engine number sequence, so as far as the rta is concerned, its still a ka24e.. but to you, its another 20kw on top of the E ;D

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline u12 nut

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2008, 07:23AM »
thanks for the info ka24de it is. do any one have any idea how to go about this only got a budget of 2k and will probably need a gearbox as well.
so many choices

Offline Xedus101

• antrx.com junkie
  • It's ATTESA time baby!!!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2008, 05:47PM »
for $2k you could buy a full car with all the bits you need then just swap it all over.

Offline u12 nut

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2008, 02:18PM »
cool thanks for that but i just got given a complete sr20 redtop with less than 10000km on it so i will see how much to get that put in does anyone know if i can salvage anything off my ca20e to put towards it.
so many choices

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
    • http://www.tldr.com.au
« Reply #6 on: Nov 5, 2008, 10:38PM »
yep, the shell :P