Author Topic: u13 bluebird sss..information?  (Read 2035 times)

Offline andy_sss

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
u13 bluebird sss..information?
« on: Nov 15, 2008, 05:14PM »
hey all..
im new to this site and i was wondering if i could find out a lil bit of info bout my car..
first off ive got a 1993 SSS bluebird (U13) and id like to turbocharge..
previously ive owned a 84 mazda 323, 1994 nissan nxr (SR20DE) and a S13 silvia (CA18DET)..
i was just wondering what would be the best way to go ie which turbo setup would be best for my KA24E
i was thinking a T25g, but is this plausable.. also what other turbos are generally run on this engine and what other work needs to be done ie: AFM,remapping,cams..

cheers guys

-andy
my cars :)
No.1..84' Mazda 323 hatch
No.2..94' Nissan NX Coupe (SR20DE)
No.3..89' Nissan Silvia S13 (CA18DET)
No.4..93' Nissan SSS Bluebird (KA24DE) (current)

Offline cruizer

• post whore
Re: u13 bluebird sss..information?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2008, 05:18PM »
I'm guessing your the guy I've been pm'ing on nissansilvia.com?

I'll post up my pm and people can pick at it if its wrong  ;D

It really depends on what you want from the car. If it is going to be a daily I'm not too sure I'd reccomend turbo just because alot of power through front wheels isnt awesome lol. You wouldn't put much boost in either (like 6-8psi) because the engine is higher compression being NA.

Off the top of my head you'd need:
- turbo (suggest T28, RB25 turbo etc. Depends on your budget,power goals and what manifold you can get);
- manifold (need custom one or one from the USA);
- injectors (i think RX7 ones drop in, i think  );
- RB20 AFM should be enough, once again depends on power;
- intercooler;
- definately remap. The engine wont run without a remap, or not well at all.
- plenty of other random shit too.

I dont think many KA24DE's have been turbo'd in AUS (if any). Plenty in the US have.

It will be alot of work and depending on whether you do the work or a workshop does it could be a big project. Also if you get defected it'll be a headf*ck to get off. In regards to other mods you would need to upgrade to SSS attesa brakes with better pads (as a minimum) along with decent suspension upgrades such as springs, shocks and swaybars to avoid it being a deathtrap. Pretty sure Whiteline does swaybars for u13's.

Dont want to sound like I'm putting you off the idea, cos it'd be awesome, but its a massive job. Might be a good idea to do the brake and suspension upgrades, along with the NA mods and see how you go. As I mentioned before it 100% comes down to what you want from the car and your budget. Drag monster? All rounder? Hills racer?

Offline andy_sss

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Re: u13 bluebird sss..information?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2008, 08:12PM »
hey guys, ive decided for now to get the exhaust done and look at a chip for now..
maybe a set of cams later down the track..
if anyone ahs any useful info itd be appreciated..
cheers
my cars :)
No.1..84' Mazda 323 hatch
No.2..94' Nissan NX Coupe (SR20DE)
No.3..89' Nissan Silvia S13 (CA18DET)
No.4..93' Nissan SSS Bluebird (KA24DE) (current)