Author Topic: taking front bumper off (attesa)  (Read 1850 times)

Offline LUP15

• antrx.com senior member
  • formerly DIGITOBI
taking front bumper off (attesa)
« on: Feb 10, 2007, 11:50AM »
whats required to take the front bumper off? also can anyone recommend which screws/bolts to leave off that wont affect the rigidity but to make future disassembly easier?
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Re: taking front bumper off (attesa)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2007, 05:32PM »
Take the grill out, take the headlights out. There are bolts across the top of it and down the sides that attach it to the front gaurd, there are also a couple underneath, take them all out. Disconnect the front blinkers and drving lights and then pull it off. Put all the bolts back in, I can get mine off in 20mins.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline LUP15

• formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2007, 01:58PM »
stolen from the bluebirdclub forums, is this pretty much all the bolts required? it seems a little different to what you have wrote lwsjss, as the other guy doesnt mention taking the headlights off. maybe cause his is just the normal bumper whereas we have the jdm?

1. You'll need to get to some screws and bolts under your car so you might want to use a ramp or jack stands.

2. The first thing you'll need to take off is the part of the splash guard that is attached to the bumper cover.

3. Next you'll need to remove you grill to gain access to the three oversized plastic screws on top of the bumper cover. The grill is held on with 4 (or 5) clips (in blue in pictures). The clips can be removed by using a flat head screwdriver to rotate the them (but not turn, they don't need a full turn but have to be pulled to help them out).

4. There are two plastic clips located on the top of the space in the bumper cover (around the bottom of the license plate). You can use a flat head screwdriver to pry them out.

5. The next step is to remove the license plate holder. Firs you'll need to remove the license plate. Behind it you'll notice two 10mm bolts (remove those). And then you will need to remove the 10mm bolts that hold the license plate holder (these are kind of tucked under the bumper cover).

6. You will now need to remove the turn signals. They should be held in place with a Philips head screw and can be easily removed.

7. You will now have too remove four 10mm bolts on the bottom of the bumper cover. These are easy to spot bolts under the gap in the gap in the bumper over.

8. The next part is the hardest. There are bolts that connect the bumper cover to the front fenders but they are located behind the fenders so are hard to access. You will need to move the splashguard out of the way to see the 10mm bolts (at this point I was on my back under my car). You will have more difficulty gaining access to the bolts on the driver’s side. To do that I had to remove the resonator box by unbolting it and squeezing it through the space in the where the splash guard was moved from. Use below as a reference...

« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2007, 02:00PM by LUP15 »
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2007, 05:45PM »
Sounds like hes making a lot of trouble of those 2 bolts that hold it to the gaurd. Just take the headlight out, it only takes 2 mins. And theres no bolts behind the number plate on an Attesa.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline LUP15

• formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2007, 03:47PM »
got the bumper off. went about it a different way, took me 2 hours LOL but it was my first time and i was seeing what the least troublesome way was.

heres what i did:

- take headlights and grill off
- undo all the bolts that hold the underbody plastics
- now what i did was actually take the whole bumper assembly off the chassis rails (which includes the bumper support bar) its connected by 4x 12mm bolts from memory.
- then there are 2 bolts on either side of the bumper which connects it to the front guards
- unplugs the lights and voila