Author Topic: Can I Swap Sunny GTiR Rear Diff into U13 Attesa with Gtir Gearbox?  (Read 5777 times)

Offline noynek

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Hi Guys

I'm new to the U13 Scene. I recently got a U13 Attesa that was "converted from auto to manual by Swapping in the GTiR Gearbox.

The Rear diff is still the original U13.( I checekd it myself)  I
U13 Atessa Parts are almost impossible to get here Caribbean. however I do have access to used JDM GtiR drivetrain parts.

The current centre diff in the car is screwed. As the car was previously driven considerably with the gear ratio mis match. I want to swap in a new GTiR gearbox but want to know if matching GTiR rear diff is a direct swap.

Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2014, 05:09PM by noynek »

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Its not the rear diff and centre-diff that have to match, its the transfer case and rear diff ratios. I'm using a GtiR gearbox with an SR U12 transfer case and a u13 front diff with my original ca18det rear diff

EDIT - To clarify, the centre diff is located inside the gearbox casing, not the transfer case
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2014, 05:07PM by Budgie »
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline noynek

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Its not the rear diff and centre-diff that have to match, its the transfer case and rear diff ratios. I'm using a GtiR gearbox with an SR U12 transfer case and a u13 front diff with my original ca18det rear diff

Budgie Sorry let me be a little clearer . . My car has the original U13 Rear diff installed along with GTiR gearbox and Transfer case. This was done by the previous owner. ( I know that the ratios are all wrong between GTiR transfer case and u13 Rear diff)  The centre diff is now worn. This is how I got the car.  I want to now set it up right.

I have another GtiR gearbox with GTiR Transfer case. I can get a GTiR rear diff from the local JDM parts yard.  I figured that I'd need the GTir Rear diff to match the GTiR transfer case but I'm not sure if the GTiR rear diff is a simple bolt on affair into the U13.  Would I need any other parts besides the GTiR diff? Maybe Axles?

I know the ideal is to get a U13 Transfer case but I'm working with what I have access to.

Thanks  
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2014, 05:22PM by noynek »

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Ah... Yeah I think you can use a GTiR rear diff. Pretty sure they are the same as the U13, just different ratio's.

Laurence should be able to confirm.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist