Author Topic: Replacement Antennas  (Read 4330 times)

Offline Xedus101

• antrx.com junkie
  • It's ATTESA time baby!!!
Replacement Antennas
« on: Nov 25, 2005, 12:54PM »
Yesterday i replaced my broken antenna for one of the aftermarket ones from repco. Why did it say it would fit a pintara/corsair when it wouldn't? The stupid thing didn't have the right sized mounting bracket to install it properly to the pillar. After using a saw to cut it up a bit i finally got it to fit then of course the coaxial cable wasn't long enough to travel the same path as the original one so it had to be installed in a kinda dodgy way.

Anyway my question is has anyone else had this problem? Have you replaced your antenna and it just fit, like it should?

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
Re: Replacement Antennas
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2005, 01:09PM »
you should have gone to autobarn or super cheap, the sell replacements for the pintara (both standard and Ti) by a company called anntennapro or antenpro... something like that, its a PERFECT fit, the Ti ones (listed as 300zx and maxima) fit my Ti perfect and the stanard one fit my mates pinny T like a glove...
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline Xedus101

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2005, 01:40PM »
The one i got was an AERPRO. So people be warned they dont fit without modification, unless of course something was different with my car to other pintaras/corsairs.

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2005, 01:51PM »
yea, thats the one, AERPRO...i didnt watch him install it, but it looked perfect, he told me it wasnt that hard...
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2005, 03:04PM »
we sell AERPRO products at work, check what code it was ie: AP75, the correct antenna will fit perfectly

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2005, 03:17PM »
ssstick can you get a quote on one for a ti for me mate
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2005, 03:25PM »
kranzy mate, there are two types...
theres the type without the motor and holder (its just the metal bit with a zip cord) - thats the one i bought coz my motor etc was fine
or theres the whole lot, motor, holder, antenna... (these arnt cheap)

good luck with fixing your antenna...

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2005, 04:46PM »
yeah, like jecks said, there is the mast, and there is the motor + mast, which one did you need?, if your motor is ok, all you need is a mast, which are roughly $20, and the whole shabang is about $150

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2005, 05:08PM »
Need the whole lot as i have a shitty cheap replacement in there atm. Is that your price ssstick or RRP?
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Xedus101

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2005, 07:52PM »
the code for the antenna is AP146. I went to repco and ordered it. They had to get it in from there distribution centre in queensland. On the back it says it's for corsair/pintara etc..

The only way it would line up with the holes was for me to cut a bit out of it. So others that have changed theirs have had no problems. Hmm this is weird.

Offline Asephx

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2005, 08:42PM »
i got my replacement at the nissan dealer... was cheap and perfect :)

Offline bondy

• antrx.com senior member
  • the bond
« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2005, 12:08AM »
is it a requisite criterion that people have to snap the antenna before selling any pintara/corsair, i have seen so many with snapped ones... maybe its just tassie

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2005, 02:06PM »
Can we get motorised ones for the trx ? I'm assuming we need to re-locate the antenna as it's very narrow in the A-Pillar..
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #13 on: Nov 26, 2005, 03:50PM »
The Ti's came with power antennas and its located on the drivers side rear quarter panel. So im assuming you'd have to move it to somewhere similar to allow room for the motor unit.

"Noss is GOD"

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #14 on: Nov 26, 2005, 06:09PM »
hmmm bugger..i guess i need to stick with the shit manual pull up/down crap..

fkn nissan, power windows, antenna, mirrors, etc should have been stock in the TRX since it's the top model since day 1   >:(
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #15 on: Nov 26, 2005, 06:50PM »
Its the sports model not the luxurious model...maybe they were weight saving? :P

"Noss is GOD"

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #16 on: Nov 26, 2005, 09:27PM »
still :(..

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #17 on: Nov 26, 2005, 10:19PM »
Well I'm annoyed because my anntana was nice and fine hidden away in the thing and then dad pulls it out and we can't get the farking thing back in!!!  ::)

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #18 on: Nov 27, 2005, 07:44PM »
mine never came out!  ;D

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #19 on: Dec 30, 2005, 08:35PM »
On the subject of replacment antennas.

My power antenna's nylon cord that runs within the mast snapped yesterday, meant it wouldn't go up all the way (motor would run) and wouldn't go down until you pushed it a bit and the cord went down far enough to grip on the teeth...  I guess this is what happens when it hasn't been working for over a year then I suddenly fix the wiring and it has to go up and down again.

Anyway, rang around geelong trying to find a mast (300zx, Maxima, Patrol mast, Aerpro AP252).  No-one had one anywhere.  They could order them, but would take a week.  Went to Geelong Car Sound.  The guy brought out a AP252 Arepro mast and it had a differant end (slightly).  Went back and came out after 10mins of hunting through their massive stock of masts with a '92 Maxima's mast (genuine nissan part as well ;)) and an EXACT match :D.  Was $39 for the mast.  Much cheaper than nissan and their stupid assed $70 prices!

Anyway, new mast in = budgie & his 'bird happy again :)
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2005, 08:38PM by Budgie »
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist