Author Topic: Frugal preventative measures while engine/gb is out anyway...any ideas pls?  (Read 3266 times)

Offline 573LF

• antrx.com junior member
As you may have noticed, my car is back out of the garage and terrorizing civilians, mainly with smoke and noise at the moment.

One of the more urgent fixes required, however, is the clutch fork pivot ball, so the vehicle must go on a hoist and be separated from it's heart.

Since this is a time- and money-consuming situation to be in, there must be a whole heap of things that can be attended to, while in this 'easily-accessible' state.

If you guys had the time to think about it (couldn't get a hoist booking for three weeks), what are all of the things you would check for/replace, while you're at it?

The mech mentioned some 'rear main bearing or seal at the back', that i have momentarily forgotten, plus I think my car seems to need the gear select boot replaced every so often. I read in another post here that perhaps all of the water pipes at the back could be changed, but really, I'm guessing right now.

I would really love to extend this vehicle's life for a few more years so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Yep, I would be doing the main seal on the gearbox side of the engine.

All the water pipes on the back of the head/block. Would can get them in kits from Gktech I think. Guys on the pulsar forums use them all the time.

Have the flywheel machined if it appears that it requires this and a new throw-out bearing (genuine nissan ONLY).

New clutch plate if its worn/knackered.

Check and inspect all engine mounts carefully, see if they need to be replaced as well as the powersteering boots.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline 573LF

• antrx.com junior member
Yep, I would be doing the main seal on the gearbox side of the engine.

All the water pipes on the back of the head/block. Would can get them in kits from Gktech I think. Guys on the pulsar forums use them all the time.

Have the flywheel machined if it appears that it requires this and a new throw-out bearing (genuine nissan ONLY).

New clutch plate if its worn/knackered.

Check and inspect all engine mounts carefully, see if they need to be replaced as well as the powersteering boots.

Awesome stuff man!

Thank you !!