Author Topic: Supplements  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Legend Killer

• antrx.com senior member
Supplements
« on: Aug 8, 2009, 02:25PM »
Hi guys, I just bought some weights and some new training equipment cause i wanna get back into shape. I was looking into supplements. I have a few mates that do it and they seem to work i just wanna know what are some good brands or products i should look for. Im mainly looking for just muscle builders or even something to get me ripped.
TRX POWER!!!

Offline cruizer

• post whore
Re: Supplements
« Reply #1 on: Aug 8, 2009, 07:47PM »
Supplements won't get you ripped. A proper diet will do a shitload more than some protein powder and creatine will do. If you are commited head across to the Fitness section of hardtuned.net and read the articles and pinned threads written by markos(m&m). He knows his stuff.

Bulking up and getting ripped takes ALOT more than some supplements  ;)

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2009, 02:22AM »
As Jay said,

Supplements only do exactly that, supplement what you are already doing.

I'm on a certain diet to shred bodyfat and maintain muscle mass. I havn't bothered with supplements yet as its too far from summer and your body builds a tolerance to them, so if I start now, I need to bump up the amount by January comes.

If your looking to get big, depending on your current state, look at your diet, analyse and do it hard. It's not easy to get big and alot of it comes from diet.

Protein - Consume 1.5-2g of protein per lb of bodyweight - this will help rebuild your torn muscles after the gym and provide plenty of food for your muscles to grow with; the building blocks.
Creatine - I would not use this unless you take care of yourself; it can be dangerous on you if you dont have a high water intake and combine it with alcohol and all sorts of shit.

I would just buy some protein, whey protein is enough. Don't waste your time with the sugar coated junk, it doesnt do anything.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline vanamond

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • new skids in my jocks
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 10:53PM »
I totally agree with chr1S  on this. Just basic protein is fine, hemp seed protein is also a good option.

Offline GiovanniD

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
  • new skids in my jocks
« Reply #4 on: Dec 8, 2017, 11:59PM »
I'd throw in some Creatine too. It's dirt cheap and it actually does something for you. It's scientifically proven and has no negative side effects. Just go for the cheapest and simplest Creatine Monohydrate.