Author Topic: Bluebird ARX - anyone have info/specs?  (Read 3020 times)

Offline spope

• antrx.com junior member
  • Seeking fuel economy
Bluebird ARX - anyone have info/specs?
« on: Apr 23, 2009, 12:17PM »
I was wondering if anyone have any info or specs on the ARX Bluebird. I am looking at one that I am seriously considering buying, but i'd like to find out a little bit more about them.
Wikipedia is useless (as normal) with details on the AUS U13 but nothing really about JDM. Almost all the pages I have been finding in Google are straight copies of wikipedia.  >:(

I really just want to know - in the AWD drive version of the AXR, is it ATTESA or some other AWD system? I assume it is (I'm not aware of any other Nissan systems) but I can't find anything to say either way.
Also in terms of steering/suspension/brakes are there any differences between the AXR and the normal sedan? Obviously the body is different but are there major differences under the skin?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
1991 U12 Series 1 Pintara T Superhatch Manual 2.4
Handling mods finished. Engine rebuilt.
Carputer installed and working.

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
Re: Bluebird ARX - anyone have info/specs?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2009, 12:46PM »
I saw this on ebay yesterday and I must admit I never knew they made attesa ARX's. But it's definately an sr20det in the front!

I think it would be safe to assume that if it has a rear diff then it is the same as a hnu13 sss attesa underneath.
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2009, 12:49PM »
They did also come out with a CD20 diesel motor. (Diesel version of the CA20)
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #3 on: Apr 23, 2009, 12:55PM »
Well, that car has gone to the shitter!

Its been for sale before (years ago) and looked a million times better than that.  The AWD U13 ARX's were SR20DE only... none were SR20DET.  This particular car has been converted with HNU13 running gear, I spoke to the owner when it was last for sale.  ARX parts are non-existant in Australia and you would have to source a bumper and lights/panels from NZ as the U13 sedan does not share the same bits.

Pity the car has been trashed by a cock-head owner.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline spope

• antrx.com junior member
  • Seeking fuel economy
« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2009, 01:06PM »
Thank you very much for that! 2.5k seemed incredibly cheap for what it was, even in the poor condition. Saves me some hassles!
That's why I wanted more info - it would be worth the hassle of importing parts, etc, for a car that is unique but if it's not the factory drivetrain then it's not worth it.
The sedan U13s are cropping up pretty frequently now, I might hold out for one of them.
1991 U12 Series 1 Pintara T Superhatch Manual 2.4
Handling mods finished. Engine rebuilt.
Carputer installed and working.

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 2009, 05:15PM »
I'll back budgie up on those points... pillarless U13's never can turbo... AWD though yes. I do have pics somewhere on my computer of that car when it was mint, cant seem to find them though.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"