Author Topic: U12 Pintara wiper arms not playing nice...!  (Read 2579 times)

Offline sticks1977

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
U12 Pintara wiper arms not playing nice...!
« on: May 11, 2012, 12:24PM »
As the topic suggests, my wiper arms are not behaving all that good at the moment. I am constantly having to tighten the nut, especially on the drivers side wiper arm so that they will work as wiper arms should.

The drivers side wiper arm is the main one that is erratic - the wiper blade will constantly be hitting up against the side of the windscreen when in motion. It works well for a certain amount of time and then will either stop moving when at the 'top' of the cycle (when the wiper arm is positioned vertically) or will come back down but be at a 45 degree angle.

I am not sure whether it is just how tight the nut is that is holding the wiper arm on, or whether there is something underneath the wiper arm that is worn and causing the problem.

Any replies would be appreciated - I am not that mechanically minded when it comes to issues with certain features of the car not performing the way they should be.

I'm thinking a trip out to 'Pick-a-part' might be on the agenda... but don't want to travel all the way over to the other side of the city only to find that all the Pintara's they have in stock have no wiper arms...

Regards, Shaun (sticks1977)

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Re: U12 Pintara wiper arms not playing nice...!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 01:20PM »
The arm has stupid plastic washers that break over time.. tightening the nut won't do much. That is a very common problem.. good luck finding one in good nick.. they are usually broken. :-(

I'm posting in a rush but if you do a search, I believe I think Noss posted up how he fixed it.. or at least someone did...  :P
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline Dragon

• What do they call a mini pringle!?!
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com full member
Re: U12 Pintara wiper arms not playing nice...!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 03:49PM »
this awesome paint drawn picture is what i did on my car

the ball joints on the pivots are pressed in a m8 hole so you'll have to drill them out.

also I ground down the bolt head to be about the same thickness as the washer to ensure everything moved freely

if you have any questions feel free to ask
"Noss is GOD"

Offline crazy2287

• antrx.com full member
I drive like i screw..... illegally =D... wait O.o WHAT?? O.O