Author Topic: ITB'd KA24E  (Read 47945 times)

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
Re: ITB'd KA24E
« Reply #90 on: Aug 3, 2007, 09:26AM »
meh,

problem these days, people want performance for cheap... won't happen unless it's mass produced shit.

you're talking ka24e here, a motor that is  bar far no where near popular or valued in many peoples eyes, everything needs to be done pure custom, which for the extra effort at the end of the day, it's far better.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #91 on: Aug 3, 2007, 10:32AM »
correct.

when i (eventually) get this ITB manifold done, i would be asking no less than $1500 to build another one, purely because of the development and labour that goes into it.

On the topic of twin tb's etc, i have a set of twin 52mm (IIRC) Cadillac Catera tb's that i managed to score through work, that i planned on adapting to a modified stock KA plenum, by way of a new flange section to allow the tb's to bolt up and increase the overall volume of the plenum by another 0.5L.

I can still do this and get it working flawlessly on the KA if someone wanted to buy it, but again, i'd be asking no less than $600 for the complete bolton assembly.

Offline Pingu

• antrx.com senior member
  • Blackbird
« Reply #92 on: Aug 3, 2007, 01:23PM »
these would be adaptable on a standard KA plenum?  twin 40mm > single 54mm, but what is the diameter of the smallest section of it?
If they can be used in this fasion they would still make a reasonable upgrade.

They are more like 43-45 ID at the minimum point.
I'm suggesting using two of these units 2 twin throttle rectangles, removing one of the unit's TPS, and one of the units throttle wheel, attaching these together is a piece of cake, you can use the joiner that sits between the ca18det butterfly twin sections, they are attached in a pair in the same way i'm proposing. You'd kill many birds with one stone with this cheap alternative. Clearly not quite as insane as this project but could be the go for someone adapting to a plenum and the usual bits still on the intake.

Once you see the picture you'll see how it can be adapted. In the case of the CA18DET it wouldn't be long at all. I sold my throttles despite wanting that setup due to the benefits not really being worth the effort at this point on a turbocharged vehicle. I'd really love to do a NA car some day like this. Maybe even a KA24DE you NEVER see those here in NZ!

Offline Pingu

• Blackbird
« Reply #93 on: Aug 3, 2007, 01:26PM »
Thought i would provide an update since the performance section is clearly dead.

I've modelled most of the setup in solidworks to determine runner lengths and figure out what clearances i need to avoid interference with the clutch master cylinder.

As you can see, as much as i wanted to have straight intake runners, it won't be possible with the clutch MC where it is.

And please don't ask for the actual model files, unless you are prepared to pay for them.

So you are going to build a new runner section and flange to the motor itself?

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #94 on: Aug 3, 2007, 01:32PM »
I was, but i decided on cutting down a stock manifold for this first iteration & having the mounting flanges welded to that.

Offline Pingu

• Blackbird
« Reply #95 on: Aug 3, 2007, 07:31PM »
I was, but i decided on cutting down a stock manifold for this first iteration & having the mounting flanges welded to that.

Definitley a good idea to prototype it that way than produce more than one... eek... custom intake flange and runners...

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #96 on: Oct 3, 2012, 01:16AM »
THREAD DIGGING :D

I didn't know you were serious about having a set of these sitting around for years apon years, damn.

Good info, will help me abit :)
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #97 on: Oct 3, 2012, 09:40AM »
Yep, got everything to do them.

And by everything...
- cut down and milled flat standard intake manifold flange (as a base)
- 45mm GSXR tb's
- velocity stacks
- plenum extrusion
- laser cut flanges

I didn't have the ability to weld aluminium as i do now (still not sure about my whether my skill to weld aluminium exists or not...), I should probably really get it done.

My main concern still is that the number 1 runner will have too many sharp turns to avoid the brake mc / booster, therefore impeding flow.

I can a get around this by going to a floor mounted pedal box, but that is a little ways off yet.

My main focus is getting the turbo stuff on currently (yes...instant gratification).

I still want to do these moreso for response and torque production when off boost, for a NA application you need the compression and decent cams (none of this 2 exhaust cams shit...proper, long duration cams) which would cost me more money than i would like to spend.

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #98 on: Oct 5, 2012, 09:49AM »
Mine arrived in the post, so far I've just removed the secondary butterflies and removed the fuel rails and plugged the holes. I can't believe you paid $200 without sensors etc. I paid $105 for everything associated with it. So I can sell of the shit I don't need to some bike [language filter smackdown].

My stock manifold will be cut down and welded to make round ports the same as evl's thread. Using stock injector location with a set of 370cc injectors.

My k&n filters don't fit as unordered wrong ones so I'm in the  market of purchasing some v- stacks unless you want to get paid to machine me some :p
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #99 on: Nov 1, 2012, 03:40PM »
What have you done or what can we do about the trotter position sensor Adam ? I have the stock on on the gsx manifold but no plug so I can't re wire.
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #100 on: Nov 1, 2012, 09:06PM »
take a pic of the plug on the tps and post it up.