Author Topic: 1991 Ford Corsair GL indicator shield?  (Read 1445 times)

Offline trikky

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
1991 Ford Corsair GL indicator shield?
« on: Aug 25, 2009, 02:03PM »
What up, I'm new to antrx  :)
I'm about to buy a gold '91 Ford Corsair GL, 2.0l 5sp manual, and obviously that ca20e engine.
It's a bit junky, but I'll live.
It's got a few dents and scratches, but nothing too serious. It's actually got pretty nice bodywork and the paint is flawless - I'll upload some pics sometime soon.
BUT! (excuse me for being garralous) the plastic cover/shield/guard that goes over the front right indicator is smashed. The bulb itself is fine, but to get the RWC I'm gonna need to source a cover for it. They're pretty expensive from what I can tell, though, and they're not too common at the wreckers (if I do manage to find a Corsair, I've found it too late and the parts I want have been taken).
From what I've gathered, as well as from what I can see, the front end of the Pintaras are quite different and I won't be able to snatch one from a Pintara. Call me up on that if I'm wrong.
But my question is: are there any other vehicles that share the same indicator shield? It'd just be much easier if I could somehow expand my options.
Cheers!

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Re: 1991 Ford Corsair GL indicator shield?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2009, 04:25PM »
Welcome to the site man. :)

Are you talking about the right indicator on the front bar or on the actual right hand side of the car? If its the side indicator is it rectangular or oval like? Which area are you located because at most wreckers in Brisbane I have been to, they have both Corsairs and Pintaras.

The link below has the main differences between the Corsair/Pintara. I'm pretty sure that the front bar has the same indicator type but can't remember off the top of the head if the side ones are interchangeable.

http://www.antrx.com/wiki/index.php?title=UA_Corsair_and_U12_Pintara_differences

Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.