Author Topic: pintara TRX man lh drive sharft problems  (Read 1962 times)

Offline andy_fordtec

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
pintara TRX man lh drive sharft problems
« on: Apr 23, 2009, 08:09PM »
hi guys,
           i have just put a new clutch in my 2.4L 5 speed man 91 pintara TRX and now having truble putting the LH drive sharft back in it sliped out easy and everything is ok with the sharft i thought it was the problem so i got a new one and still not going in is there anything i need to do to line it up or should i be able to hit it in? i did notes the splines are not the same from the small part to the big part of it so yer need help....

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Re: pintara TRX man lh drive sharft problems
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2009, 08:16PM »
I think there is a circlip on the end of the shaft that was causing me issues aswell. Sometimes you also need to rotate the drive shaft when you put it in as the first splines will match but the second set wont. So put it into first slot, rotate and wiggle and push to get everything lined up and the circlip in.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline andy_fordtec

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2009, 08:30PM »
thanks thats what i thought it is just being a pain in my ass i just spent 600 fixing it up and this happened i'll give it a try thanks agen

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #3 on: Apr 23, 2009, 09:32PM »
That circlip can become 'bent out' ... meaning its not holding itself close enough to the shaft anymore, which makes it a [language filter smackdown] to put back on.

Driveshaft places have a tool that puts new clips on, that are a tighter fit.  That may help if your exiiting circlip is giving you the shits.  I had a similar issues with the pass side shaft on my U13 Bluebird.  Had to balance the clip dead centre of the shaft, and pray... then push it in VERY carefully so it cleared the lip inside the spline race.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline sxtacy

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2009, 11:41PM »
I hate driveshafts   >:(

but what has worked for me was what the workshop manual said.

put a little grease on the circlip with the open end facing down making sure the circlip is raised up above the top of the driveshaft.

the grease will hold the circlip in position to make it easier to push the driveshafts in.

Still, It takes me about 4 tries using this method tho.

nothing.

Offline andy_fordtec

« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2009, 12:15AM »
i know the circlip is good but i'll try the workshop man way hope i can have it back on the road tomorrow so i can use the full tank of fuel in it and have some fun with the new clutch i have missed it being on the road and my bros xr6t is not as fun as the pinny and the hand brake