Author Topic: Front and rear control arm bushes quesions/LCA replacement process??  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Anyone know what the part number is for places they have bought off?? Just trying to find prices etc. Just rang Repco than who said they order Nolathane for around 75 for front and 75 for rear but they need to know the size, if it is offset or centre etc.

Where did you guys get them from? Did you go Nolathane?? Urethane?? Will ring other places tmw.

Cheers.

:)
« Last Edit: Jan 6, 2009, 06:32PM by Habib86 »
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: Front and rear control arm bushes part number?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2008, 08:22PM »
I got nolathane, no idea on part numbers though. Nolathane is a brand of urethane bush.

http://nolathane.com.au/proc_selection.php <- nolathane's catalogue
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2008, 11:06PM »

I got nolathane, no idea on part numbers though. Nolathane is a brand of urethane bush.

http://nolathane.com.au/proc_selection.php <- nolathane's catalogue

Yeah I kinda knew that yet I asked... why.. I don't know?? Lol. Cheers man.

Does anyone know if the T.I came with the 60mm crush tube? For rear, did anyone get the one that has the +6mm-6mm adjustment? Apart from that adjustment level capabilites, what other benefits would that have over the other 2 rear ones if they are all urethane?

I'll ring around tmw and see what $$ people are asking... :)
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2008, 11:08PM by Habib86 »
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2008, 12:48AM »
The offset of the bush affects your front wheel caster, which in turn gives the car the tendency for the steering wheel to straighten up when you let go of it.

More caster means the steering will pull itself back to a straight line with more force.

The only person I know of who was running modified caster bushes in their car is Ka-Bluey (Tommy), but he's dropped off the radar since.

We can have a look at your suspension when you pick up the parts from me to check what size bushes you need :)
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2008, 01:34PM »
In regards to castor I have adjustable castor arms with 6Deg castor dialled in. If you change the castor you will notice a big difference with what Jono said. Its good for lazy driving  ;)

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2008, 02:12PM »
to check what size bushes you need :)

I'm surprised Noss hasn't cracked a funny about that... sweet as man as well. PMd before and probably see you next year.. ::).

In regards to castor I have adjustable castor arms with 6Deg castor dialled in. If you change the castor you will notice a big difference with what Jono said. Its good for lazy driving  ;)

Lazy Bastadd... :)

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Johno thanks for the help that day... loving the huge fuck off ramp... lol.

Looking at the parts catalogue.. the rear is one kit with 16 bushes which is fine... the FF LCA is as we mesured the 50 mm bush but the FR has 3 types as mentioned before, standard nolathane and 2 other ones with the capability to dial in more caster.

I'm not sure if I would dial in more caster so those who used the standard ones.... how was the response in steering?? If I dialled in more would that inadverntantly wear out the tyre/bushes quicker?? I may just opt for the standard one.... what are thoughts??

Cheers Jono for your help that day.

When changing the LCA is it a matter of jacking up the car, removing the wheel, I think according there are 3 bolts holding it up, 1 connected to the rotor and another connected to the swaybar than dropping it than bolting it back up and than getting an allignent??

I'm thinking of doing that for now than get the Nolathane kit in a week or so or wait a week than do it.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Yeah that's pretty much all that's involved in changing the control arm.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!