Author Topic: Caffene "Energy" Drinks  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
Caffene "Energy" Drinks
« on: Oct 8, 2008, 01:11PM »
I was just reading Noss's post about Jolt.  Thought I'd ask about the new drink "Cocaine" which has rediculous amounts of caffene in it.  They claim it's "350 per cent stronger than Red Bull".  It also apparently has an additive to numb the back of the throat, similar to real cocaine (not that i'd know).

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24410911-5003426,00.html

With the contraversial name its causing quite a stir.  Personally I think its a suitable name, and dont think it will downgrade the seriousness of the drug cocaine.  I have no doubt that people will die from drinking this stuff, only a matter of time before someone gets carried away.

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
Re: Caffene "Energy" Drinks
« Reply #1 on: Oct 8, 2008, 01:34PM »
Wow. So a video game is banned for featuring the main character using a substance named "Morphine" to heal themselves, but you're allowed to sell a drink to everyone (including kids) called Cocaine?
Current mods:
ANTRX.com KA24E Stage 2 ECU chip (5kW)
ANTRX.com sticker (30kW) ;D

... that's about all.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #2 on: Oct 8, 2008, 01:39PM »
well it says right there that it wont have the same kick because of the restrictions in australia. i dont think there is a problem with the name.. i think the world is too bloody over sensitive.. look at the idiots that said the purple tellytubby was gay! how!? he's a purple alien that has no sexual organs, he doesnt appear to be gay, indifferent or otherwise.. so why pick on the friggin purple tellytubby?

compare the purple tellytubby to gay bob from the 1970's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Bob and you wonder what the fuck people are worried about!

before the restrictions came in, from memory jolt had 60mg of caffeine per 100ml or about 225mg per can. that is about the same as two cups of coffee.

me being me (meaning i'm not a total asshat) i know what i'm getting myself into by reading up on studies done on what i'm putting in my body. its just what i do.

studies show the LD50 of caffeine is 192mg/kg in rats. LD50 is the does that will kill 50% of the test subjects. it is estimated that fatal doses for humans are between 3 and 20 grams of caffeine taken orally, depending on body weight and tolerance. this isnt based off the rats though, this is based of real life occurences.

i'm not saying caffeine should not be taken seriously, it should.. i have experienced what is referred to as an acute caffeine overdose.. i think.. it was unintentional, but at the time, i didnt realise caffeine was so dangerous. i limit my intake these days to around 200mg a day. i'm not saying this because i'm proud of it, i'm saying this cause people need to understand that yes it is dangerous just like all other drugs.. using some bloody common sense when you're taking it!

anyway, i dont think i really answered any questions from the original post.. i've just rambled.. but yeh, in my eyes, people suck. closed minded clowns!
« Last Edit: Oct 8, 2008, 02:27PM by noss »

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #3 on: Oct 9, 2008, 06:38AM »
If your after something to keep you awake and alert then you can easily buy No Doze over the counter
No different then the " Cocaine" energy drink. You can just keep popping the no doze for as long as you want to 

Maximum Strength NoDoz pills are fast acting alertness pills that are as safe as coffee.

Each No Doz pill contains 200 mg of caffeine. 1/2 to 1 pill contains the same amount of caffeine as one cup of coffee. They suggest you take 1/2 to 1 No Doz caplet not more than every 3 to 4 hours to restore mental alertness or wakefulness when experiencing fatigue or drowsiness.
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 9, 2008, 10:46AM »
When i was recently in the U.S i tried an array of these energy drinks that have been banned and restricted here in aus,

cut cocaine
black opium
N.O.S this is a 1 litre can that has the nos symbol on it and contained 115g of sugar
various rockstars
various jolts

didnt get any ill effects from any of these in thier unrestricted dosages, allthough it probably wasnt good for me  :-\
« Last Edit: Oct 9, 2008, 10:48AM by xxxx »
Noss you look like a cereal killer ;D

well not our fault that saantrx is gay as

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #5 on: Oct 9, 2008, 11:40AM »
Holy crap James is hardcore  :D  :P

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 9, 2008, 12:05PM »
When i was recently in the U.S i tried an array of these energy drinks that have been banned and restricted here in aus,

cut cocaine
black opium
N.O.S this is a 1 litre can that has the nos symbol on it and contained 115g of sugar
various rockstars
various jolts

didnt get any ill effects from any of these in thier unrestricted dosages, allthough it probably wasnt good for me  :-\

Probably explains why you haven't slept since you got back... ::)
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline bogan_bob

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 9, 2008, 10:06PM »
hahaha, i actually found some 'Rockstar' energy drink at a small deli in a rural town today, is that stuff banned??? Ive never seen it before

http://ozvr4.com - check it out :)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #8 on: Oct 9, 2008, 10:31PM »
no its not banned, you can buy it from the iga near my work. never had it though, most of those energy drinks taste like crap

Offline SMI7HY

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 9, 2008, 10:42PM »
i tried as many as i could when i was in the US aswell..much better then here.

apparently its only illegal for shops to sell them but its fine for you to import it yourself...but don't hold me to that

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2008, 01:35AM »
We sell rockstar at my work. The normal one tastes like ass, as does the sugar free one. And the "juiced" one tastes like fizzy fruit juice, for obvious reasons. Nothing great.

I like the taste of the new Mother, it leaves a nice aftertaste.

And Monster is also shit. But all Aussie drinks are limited, we need less restrictions!
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2008, 10:44AM »
I like the taste of the new Mother, it leaves a nice aftertaste.

havent tried it yet but my gf tells me that it tastes like QF.. QF is pretty damn nice.

Offline MINI_man

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #12 on: Oct 12, 2008, 06:18PM »
well i personally think that 'V' is awsum........

*especially the black 1 with extra Taurine.......

but its just my opinion

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #13 on: Oct 12, 2008, 10:28PM »
nothing beats a strong coffee.
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #14 on: Oct 12, 2008, 11:09PM »
I actually don't mind the black can Rockstar.

The new Mother is great too, the old one was disgusting. I love the advertising the do for it! They're saying "Sorry guys, the last one was crap. Try this, it's heaps better!"

But as for a cheap way to stay awake, you can't go past No-Doz. $11 or so for a bottle of 70 tablets, each one has about the same caffeine as a small can of energy drink.

But yeah, caffeine is a drug, I was actually addicted to it at one point (as a student working at a pizza shop) and it wasn't cool.

Enjoy responsibly kids.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!