Author Topic: Why don't you do something else?  (Read 13488 times)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re: Why don't you do something else?
« Reply #60 on: Sep 16, 2008, 09:31AM »
That and some poor bastard cows are going to sacrifice themselves so my ass is comfy in front of said plasma.

i see that as being environmentally responsible.. less wastage.. you see, a lot of people eat meat, now just in case someone doesnt understand, when i say a lot, i mean everyone that isnt vegetarian, vegan or otherwise.. just in case you missed that there are a lot of people that eat meat. anyway, all these people eating meat, well the meat comes from animals.. one of those animals.. the dog.. but one of the more popular animals among meat eating folk is the cow.. when you take a cows meat out, its clothes are left over, hanging reasonably lifeless over a rickety skeleton, or they're on someone's bedroom floor.. but because someone ate the meat, there is no meat to put back in the cows clothes.. so some smart cookie a long long time ago came up with the idea of wearing cow clothes.. which ended up like this:

and

well, the fashion never really took off, plus people started eating babies cause they thought they were cows.. eating babies isnt really accepted within general society, so they had to think of something else to do, cause frankly, there was quite an overload of cow clothes.

so another smart cookie decided to turn the cows, sheep, horses, monkeys and babies of the world into all sorts of fun things like couches, car seats, trenchcoats, jackets, hot pants, g-strings, whips.. you get the idea.. so no more wastage..

in summary, if that made no sense, remember the 3 r's.. re-use, reduce, recycle.. buy a leather couch and save the planet!
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2008, 09:32AM by noss »

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #61 on: Sep 16, 2008, 12:09PM »
i like lamp

:D

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #62 on: Sep 16, 2008, 01:34PM »
Noss just said what i was about to say...

Abbatoirs don't waste much at all.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline evlknvl

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #63 on: Sep 16, 2008, 07:17PM »
LMAO, how the f#*k you come up with these posts is beyond me Noss! If there was anyone i'd like to get on the grog with it'd have to be you, hahaha. Think i'd spend more time pissing myself than actually on the piss!

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #64 on: Sep 16, 2008, 09:04PM »
anyone seen that add on SBS that is like DON'T DRIVE, USE LESS ELECTRICITY AND DON'T EAT MEAT 'CAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING?

it makes me laugh sometimes. but then I'm prone to laughing for no reason at all.
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #65 on: Sep 16, 2008, 09:44PM »
I still don't get what this is all about  ???

Most of us lead comfortable lives, and we aren't really for want of anything in our immediate future or surroundings.  There are others around the world who are, and there are, I believe, problems around the world which exist now and will exist in the future, but a great majority of those problems do not, and probably will not affect any of us in a directly tangible way.  As a consequence, to solve these problems and help improve the lot of others, people will need to act in a manner not conducive to their direct individual benefit. 

This is not how society is presently structured, and that is largely because of tradition and cultural norms.  Ours is one way of living, but it is not the only way, nor is it necessarily the best way, and I would wager it is not the best way to ensure our development as a species.  Thus, my task is to get a stronger idea of what exactly it is that determines how we act as we do, and how much of it is malleable, and how individuals might be persuaded to voluntarily direct their energies and ideas away from an individual focus to a species focus when they a) have no biological imperative to do so and b) have a cultural imperative not to do so.

So ed, to respond to your claim:

The jist is everyone in this country believes they DESERVE to have everything they dream of, regardless of their education, wealth, position in society and usefullness to their community.
So these people go out, with little to no education, work for a few years.... earn enough to take out a home loan... a wife and two children... a car or two... holiday every year up the coast. Why? Beause they earned it with hard work... dedication etc.

What makes you think, that these people... who are hopelessly dependent on the system that supports them... where the cost of fuel is enough to strangle their tight budgets - 4c a litre makes the difference between making the car payment... what makes you think that something like "climate change" is going to make them change the way they have been raised their whole life?

I am trying to figure out just that.  Using your examples, I want to know how to change peoples dreams, and how to alter the impact of the way they have been raised.  How can we make people less dependent on the system of which they comprise but a small part?

I am a risk averse person, and I think others should be as well, because it leaves the most doors open for the future.  I want to change how others perceive the world and their role in it.  I am asking you people about how you draw your lines and what motivates your actions and what shapes your understandings so that I can add that information to what I know about this, so I am better equipped to answer the questions I want to answer.

So I'm not saying people are selfish for having their hobbies, I'm asking people to consider the use of their resources, and their perceptions of the goals of that resource use.

Narxysus what do you do in your spare time? Just out of curiosity?

Read books and browse the web and write threads like this.
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #66 on: Sep 16, 2008, 09:53PM »
I'm being environmentally responsible this weekend and buying an energy efficient 50" plasma courtesy of the ATO.

That and some poor bastard cows are going to sacrifice themselves so my ass is comfy in front of said plasma.

Well killing those cows is going to reduce methane emissions hence slowing global warming done.
Well done i congratulate you on being half enviromental, LCD's are more efficient then plasmas.
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #67 on: Sep 17, 2008, 09:05AM »
hehehe, hence the italics around "energy efficient"  :D

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #68 on: Sep 18, 2008, 07:10AM »

Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol.
Cocaine.

You take your pick of those and get to us
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread