Author Topic: Suspension setup  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Burchh

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Suspension setup
« on: Jun 20, 2012, 11:38PM »
Hey guys,

I've been looking around on here, and have asked a few guys about what setup I should go for with superlow springs, and the general concensus is either monroes or KYBs.
A full shock and spring change over is a bit out of my range atm, and I was wondering if I could get away with lows on stock shocks.

The car is my daily so I don't need something track worthy, I just want it a bit lower with my new wheels and possibly have a little more stiffness in the rear end but that would just be bonus.
The car's done 175k and was owned by a 70yr old guy before I bought it, so the shocks should be in a decent condition. Has anyone run kings lows on stock shocks before?

Offline FloridaStanza

• antrx.com junior member
Re: Suspension setup
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2012, 01:21AM »
I have contemplated this aswell but from what i gather at best it's going to ride like crap and at worst you will blow some shocks.

Offline Burchh

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2012, 12:28PM »
I doubt you'd blow shocks on lows, 25-30mm won't max out your shock unless your absolutely thrashing it. Superlows yeah sure, but I was more so asking if the ride was worse or about the same as stock, with lows.

Offline FloridaStanza

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2012, 01:18AM »
My guess would be worse but i doubt you will find anyone on here to substantiate that, most of these guys did it right and saved for shocks to, that's what i would recommend. Although thinking back i used to own a s13 and i ran no name lowering springs on stock shocks, nothing blew out but the ride was a little worse and the handling didn't improve even though the center of gravity was lower. Even still that's just going to give you the look and possibly compromise performance, just save up for the shocks having to compress springs multiple times is a bitch anyway.