Author Topic: U13 Bluebird SSS Climate Control replacing U13 Bluebird LX Aircon controller  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
  • 5.7L LS1 oooh yeah baby!
Gday,
Took a look at counterpunch's U13 Series 2 Bluebird Turbo SSS wreck today and noticed that the climate control module was still intact. I've got a 94 U13 Bluebird LX which just has the standard aircon control system and I was wondering if it was possible to replace the standard air con control system with the climate control system from counterpunch's wreck. Both units are the same dimensions so placing it in the dash shouldn't be a problem. I know there are various temp sensors in the Bluebird's with climate control so would I be required to install the temp sensors if I installed the unit?
Does anyone know if this has been successfully done before, I don't see why it can't be.
A guide would be great :)
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers.

Offline PeteSSS

• antrx.com junior member
i can answer one of those question.. the temp sensors are essential. without them the climate control wont know the tempurate of the cabin and thus will not know whether to blow out cold or hot air.
one day i will learn to fly, but for now, hospital seems better

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
Buy you can set the temperature on the actual climate control system, so then it would know what temp air to blow out right?

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
How do you think the climate control will know when its reached said temperature without the sensors?
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
How do you think the climate control will know when its reached said temperature without the sensors?

Ahh yeah...
But as your aircon system deteriorates over time and can't go as cold as it used to (eg 18 degrees), then are the sensors still necessary?
Before I bought my LX, I looked at a SSS. Its aircon wouldn't go very cool at all, and when it was set to 18 degrees, it was still fairly warm.

Offline Leopard-Man

• antrx.com junkie
  • vg20det ftw
come on man take a look around, this has already been covered some time ago.
I am a man More sinn'd against than sinning.

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
Sorry, just found your thread in maintainence issues (???)...
Not sure what's its doing there.