Author Topic: U13 Bluebird SSS exterior part request  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Peterson

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • www.amstuning.com
U13 Bluebird SSS exterior part request
« on: Feb 14, 2005, 04:26AM »
My apologies for not posting this in the for sale forum...I was unable to figure out how to get a new post up in there.

I am looking for a set of rear fender trim pieces, heard them refered to as SPATS, off a U13 Bluebird SSS. I have posted this request here before, quite some time ago, so I figured I'd give it another shot.

Here's a picture:

I would be eternally grateful if anyone could help me locate these. I would cover any and all shipping and purchase costs. I am also a shop owner here in the states, so I could also get you any part you would want/need as a "thanks"

Feel free to email me if you have any leads, [email protected]

Thanks for any help you can give.

Offline Leopard-Man

• antrx.com junkie
  • vg20det ftw
Re: U13 Bluebird SSS exterior part request
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2005, 05:53PM »
Hey Peterson,
 i (as the name suggests) also own a bluebird and am going to grandauto(where i know there is a wrecked sss) wreckers fairly soon (adelaide) and i can check this out for you. is that white bluebird yours? What kind of bluebird parts does your shop sell as i would be interested in maybe a stillen front bar or any front bar... anyways ill enquire about this for you sometime this week.
              alex
I am a man More sinn'd against than sinning.

Offline LUP15

• antrx.com senior member
  • formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2005, 09:48PM »
those only came on the import u13...

im looking for the front lip like in this pic. i'll keep a look out for the rear ones if u keep an eye for the lip :)
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kcid/pic/lip1.jpg

a note thought, those 'spats' will be rediculously hard to find as most people send front cuts... we couldnt import the u13 for a while and soon cant import any car that is no less than 30years old................
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2005, 09:50PM by digitobi »
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2005, 01:10PM »
holy shit, you've been looking for those spats forever! have you thought about making a foam mold and glassing some up yourself?

Offline Leopard-Man

• antrx.com junkie
  • vg20det ftw
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2005, 06:21PM »
those only came on the import u13...

im looking for the front lip like in this pic. i'll keep a look out for the rear ones if u keep an eye for the lip :)
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kcid/pic/lip1.jpg

a note thought, those 'spats' will be rediculously hard to find as most people send front cuts... we couldnt import the u13 for a while and soon cant import any car that is no less than 30years old................

Only on import u13s and rediculously hard to find... that may explain the fact that i was unable to find any today... :-X :(
I am a man More sinn'd against than sinning.

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2005, 07:56PM »
I am no doubt the 1000000th person to say that your car looks FUCKING BRILLIANT. Nice ride mate.

Chad
First a Silver TRX, then a White TRX...whats next? Game Boy-Clear style TRX?

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2005, 08:16AM »
Only on import u13s and rediculously hard to find... that may explain the fact that i was unable to find any today... :-X :(

dont expect to find them in a day. i was looking for them for peterson for about 3 months and i couldnt find any.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Peterson

• www.amstuning.com
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2005, 02:55AM »
Guys,

I really appreciate the assistance. I considered trying to make a set myself, or having a body tech friend give it a whirl, but for some odd reason I'd really like to find the real deal pieces. I know it's almost a hopeless cause at this point, but I'm a persistant little focker, so I figure I'll just keep looking.

digitobi,

That's actually the front lip that's on my car. I bought it while in Sydney on my honeymoon 3 years ago. Chris Delacrruz, who owns the blue Bluebird SSS with the custom front end, had one that I picked up from him while I was downunder. I had it molded on along with the fender lines to make it a cleaner install.

Again, thanks for your help guys.

Oh, and we can most definitely get any Stillen parts any of ya'll would like, and I'd be glad to ship it to AU, so just shoot me an email at [email protected] if you have any requests and I will get you a price and shipping quote. We have a great account with Stillen, so I can get really good prices.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2005, 09:32AM »
Petertson, what rims are you running on your ride?
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Peterson

• www.amstuning.com
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2005, 10:31AM »
They are Konig 187's. They stopped making them a couple years back. They were an attempt at a Volk Challenge copy. They have also been sold under some crappy names like BSA and Maxxim rims. But they are actually made by Konig.

I plan to put flares on the car at some point, so if and when I do, I'll step up to a better rim that's a bit wider.

Offline }{yBr!D^

• antrx.com junior member
  • USDM U13 (w00t)

Offline chaserone

• antrx.com junior member
  • heh
« Reply #11 on: Sep 22, 2005, 12:25AM »
Good luck mate.  I am looking for them for over a year now and honestly this is the first time I have seen them (in a photo)  I only knew they existed, but no idea what they looked like entirely.  Anyway again - Good luck.  Let me know if you find a second pair!  I WANT ONE!!   :P
I reject your reality and subsitute it with my own.....