Author Topic: u13 nissan bluebird attessa swap  (Read 2777 times)

Offline joe dirt

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
u13 nissan bluebird attessa swap
« on: May 12, 2014, 06:32PM »
hi I have a bluebird sr20det attessa race car want to change all my running gear into a fwd version any major mods or are the shells the same as the awd shells in Australia please help

Offline Patt93

• antrx.com junior member
Re: u13 nissan bluebird attessa swap
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 11:14AM »
I know for the u12 there is no tunnel for the rear wheel drive shafts. Not 100% sure if it is the same for the u13 but wouldn't be surprised if it's the same.
Also Welcome to the Site!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 11:38AM »
You'll need to change fuel tanks.

Otherwise the tunnel is there for the tail-shaft and the rear subframe mounts to the same points.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline joe dirt

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 11:54AM »
Great stuff i thought they were the same il pick up new one this weekend and start the swap make its easier as i have a complete running awd bluebird which goes really well on dirt thanks any more info that i need to know

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 12:30PM »
You may have to fab a mounting point for the torque mount that sits on the firewall, but you could probably get away without this mount.

I'm unsure if there will be much room for the exhaust under the car either once the tailshaft is installed. The AWD's have 'bulges' underneath to accommodate the catalytic converter and exhaust itself. But 'if race-car' exhaust could just dump from the turbo out to the side or something ;)

I'm also unsure whether the steering racks are identical or not in FWD/AWD U13's, on the U12 FWD/AWD's the racks are mounted differently to clear the end of the output to the rear wheels from the transfer case.

Sounds like fun though mate! You race your bluebird on dirt? Or just mess about?
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline joe dirt

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 01:37PM »
Yer we race rallys in my family we have two awd versions but i want one for the road im going to use all front cradle and such so basically just changing the entire running gear over to a regod car

Offline squizz taylor

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 06:28AM »
U13 will be very hard. I have both an aus and jdm here at home and they are significantly different in the back and front end of the car. The fwd aus doesn't have the room in the tunnel for the drive shaft. The fuel tank is different as well as the floor pan where it all bolts up. The mount points for the rear cradle may align, but hard to tell. In the front there is no cross member and it all bolts in a lot different.

It would not be impossible,  but it is a lot of work. A guy in the usa did, looks very good, but $$$$$$$$.

Probably better to look on gumtree for a cheap awd that needs some repair work to be carried out.  There are some on there.
One in particular in Sydney with a blown engine going for about 1500. May be one in Melbourne soon but not sure what will happen with that one yet.

Offline joe dirt

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 08:54AM »
Oh ok didnt think there would be so much difference yer i tried to buy that one in sydney but got stuffed around where the one in melbourne