Author Topic: What fuel does everyone use.??  (Read 2363 times)

Offline fez200

• antrx.com full member
  • BARBIE AIN'T HERE..!
    • RAW4x4
What fuel does everyone use.??
« on: Jun 16, 2006, 09:50AM »
what kind of fuel do you guys put in your car and which servo do you think is the best.

Also with the rising cost of petrol and that fact the import car scene usually uses 95+ RON PULP, its getting quite expensive to run a vehicle.

i own a U13 attesa, and ive been told to use 98 RON fuel, ive found if i use just PULP it seems to ping, has anyone else experienced this problem or do i need a good tune or a remapped chip.

i know that a previous post discussed ethanol additives, but has anyone come up with a solution that can be made cheaply to increase the octane of regular or PULP to achieve the higher octane required by some of these import vehicles.
God gave man a brain and a penis and only enough blood to operate one at a time.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Re: What fuel does everyone use.??
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2006, 10:18AM »
I use BP Ultimate all the time. Only on extreamly rare occations have I used anything else.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline LUP15

• antrx.com senior member
  • formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2006, 01:08PM »
using bp ultiamte. what mods have u done to ur car? my car runs fine with no tune with basic mods. it might be more of an issue with another component causing it to ping. being a performance engine, i wouldnt use anything less than 98ron and ive heard good and bad things about ethanol... i wouldnt use it though...
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2006, 01:46PM »
BP ultimate, seems to be the best at the moment, for a stage there it used to be optimax and mobil 8000 but they have kicked the bucket and the ultimate is running the car the best, and i dont have to change my fuel filter as regularly

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline fez200

• antrx.com full member
  • BARBIE AIN'T HERE..!
    • RAW4x4
« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2006, 05:38PM »
ive only got the basic mods no internal mods (yet..!!)

3" exhaust, boost controller, K&N custom CAI, apexi BOV.

God gave man a brain and a penis and only enough blood to operate one at a time.

Offline Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing

• antrx.com junkie
  • Ma-Jik
    • Ma-Jik
« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2006, 08:13PM »
Optimax or Optimax Extreem if they have it, 100 octane  :D
Written off HNU13 Atttesa, PM me for part requests.

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2006, 08:20PM »
bp premium. seems to go further in my car than ultimate. mods: stage 2 chip and exhaust.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline bluesr20

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2006, 12:25AM »
I only use Optimax.

There was an episode of 5TH Gear (car show from England on Foxtel) where they dyno tested different cars (inc a WRX) with the various fuels from the major manufactures.  It didn't make a huge amount of difference what fuel/fuel company was used in the cars that didn't have forced induction.  There was a lot of difference however with the WRX and it produced more power with Optimax then it did with BP Ultimate.  I can only assume that the Aussie Optimax is the same as the Pommie stuff.

I also prefer to fill up at the same servo every week as well, in the hope that I get consistant quality.

I've never tried Optimax Extreme - where do I get it in Melb?  How much dearer is it?

Offline NeVetS

• Dent King!
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com senior member
« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2006, 12:47AM »
with current fuel prices and lack of shifts at work i run shells oily rag!

Offline bungs

• post whore
« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2006, 12:59AM »
BP ultimate, even when it costs 1.55L. meh.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 2006, 01:38AM »
With my car being almost stock I use anything and everything in my car, usually whatever's under $1.15 at the time (if anything :-\)

I've run everything from 91-octane E-10 to 98-octane Optimax. Nothing had standout fuel economy and none caused any problems (pinging, rough running etc) so I don't have a problem with any of them.

If my car was a bit more modded I'd probably run something with a higher octane rating though.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!