Author Topic: seat belts....retracting issue  (Read 2974 times)

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
seat belts....retracting issue
« on: Nov 18, 2011, 06:09AM »
does anyone know how to fix the seat belts when they dont retract properly?
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline mattyj

• antrx.com full member
  • 1991 pintara T
Re: seat belts....retracting issue
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2011, 07:05AM »
Pull the panel off and double check its not twisted, this worked foe me

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2011, 07:55AM »
Which belt is it?
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2011, 06:16PM »
rear and now drivers. think the drivers could be twisted.. will check on the week end
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2011, 07:50PM »
Standard parcel shelf. My mdf one I made when I screwed it in after adjusting it was sitting to much to one side which stopped the belt from retracting.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Hilton42

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 2, 2011, 03:18PM »
The seat belts in my convertible will not retract on their own. Nothing new apparently as Infiniti is aware of the issue. My beef is that the lower door panels (both driver and passenger) got dented when the doors closed.
Of course, as soon as I noticed the dents I started to manually retract the belt every time I unclipped it.
Took the issue to the dealer, Infiniti asked the tech to check my car versus other convertibles to ensure that the belts worked ok. Turns out that all '09 convertibles have the same problem. My dealer told me that Infiniti would not replace the door panels and that I should contact Infiniti-help.
I called the number he gave me and had a lenghty conversation with the Infiniti guy. Bottom line, I was told, is that the belts are not defective and Infiniti warranty will only cover defective parts. I asked him why, considering that this a known issue, there are no warnings in the owner's manual or at least a "Caution" sticker on the belt.
I can't believe that a manufacturer selling luxury vehicles would have this kind of attitude. We bought the G37 after researching Consumer's reports and Infinit rated favorably. My next communication will be to JD Powers, I will ask them to let me change the comments I made in the survey I filled in.

Offline Erwin

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #6 on: Dec 3, 2011, 10:00PM »
Finished pulling the headliner out of the truck tonight for my little project. In doing so, I had to remove the rear lower plastic side panels too, and to get them out I had to undo the bottom of the seat belt harnesses.

The back seat (middle row for my truck) driver-side seat belt has retracted and locked, it won't release enough to even re-fasten it to its mount. It's always worked perfectly, and I didn't do anything crazy with it... Am I missing something? I've completely removed the entire assembly from the truck now, allowed it to retract as far as it will go, and still it will not release for me to unwind it and re-install it.

I need to get this fixed ASAP, it's important my boys be able to buckle up on the way to school!

I can post pics if anyone needs clarification to offer insight.

Thanks!