Author Topic: Flush wheel fitment 'Guidelines/Rules/Defects' ??  (Read 3350 times)

Offline MattJohn

• antrx.com senior member
Flush wheel fitment 'Guidelines/Rules/Defects' ??
« on: Oct 22, 2011, 10:37PM »
Hey all,

Did some measuring and these enkei's 'should' sit about perfectly flush with the rear guard. Does anybody know the rules or legal obligation's about where your wheels have to sit? As far as i know, as long as they're covered they're fine..

Also, "The new tyre cannot be more than 1.3x that of the stock". So stocks, 14x6 +38 (GLi) isn't it? I can run a tyre of 7.8" max.. that shouldn't be overly noticeable on an 8" rim right? have i got the rules all good there?

(Just asking cause i don't want to import these wheels form America, drive around for a week and get defected  ::) )

Offline Cheezel

Re: Flush wheel fitment 'Guidelines/Rules/Defects' ??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2011, 11:50PM »
There's a plate on the drivers door that has your factory wheel information, isn't there? I've "lost mine". Thus, if I ever get asked, my stock wheel width was 6.5" - or 7", etc. Whatever's convenient. ;)

The upside of having a car like ours is the cops hardly ever have an idea of what's legal on a pintara. That, and no cop is ever going to go - "hang on, that wheel is 8", not 7.8"". Basically they have better things to do. When all else fails - swap to stocks, clear the defect, swap back.

Offline MattJohn

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2011, 08:19PM »
There's a plate on the drivers door that has your factory wheel information, isn't there? I've "lost mine". Thus, if I ever get asked, my stock wheel width was 6.5" - or 7", etc. Whatever's convent ;)

Ahahahaha! Gonna do it :p
The upside of having a car like ours is the cops hardly ever have an idea of what's legal on a pintara. That, and no cop is ever going to go - "hang on, that wheel is 8", not 7.8"". Basically they have better things to do. When all else fails - swap to stocks, clear the defect, swap back.

Sounds good lol

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2011, 01:14PM »
There's a plate on the drivers door that has your factory wheel information, isn't there? I've "lost mine". Thus, if I ever get asked, my stock wheel width was 6.5" - or 7", etc. Whatever's convenient. ;)

I thought it was a sticker inside the glovebox?

I'm sure you could spin some convincing story that the TRX is a track/rally cross and hence had 6.5 or 7" wide from the factory.

Offline MattJohn

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2011, 05:20PM »
yeah, il check both door pannel and glove box later.. If the police want to be pains, i guess anyone could roll with the 6.5" story lol, get it.. 'roll with it'.. yeah.  ::)

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2011, 12:19AM »

This is what you want. I'd doubt you'd get violated by the po-po for that.

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2011, 10:01AM »
you can get "replacement" placards for your 17" stock rims...all online

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150548110322?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline MattJohn

« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 2011, 11:30AM »

This is what you want. I'd doubt you'd get violated by the po-po for that.

Seen that car a while ago, and yeah; its exactly what I want. Front lip and all, looks beast  :P