Author Topic: Best Subwoofers/What do you have?  (Read 2896 times)

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
Best Subwoofers/What do you have?
« on: Jul 2, 2005, 11:41PM »
I no this is going to course controversy but i wanted to know:
What u guys are using for subs?
What brands you have?
What they cost?
The RMS rating for them?
And lastly what u have to power them (ampage)

Personaly i have right now:

Subs: Now i have 1 DD (Digital Designs, Best subs in the world) 10inch with 650RMS - Cost me 100$ with custem made box included.
But i plan to upgrade to 2 DD 10 inches in a few months

Ampage: 1 Kenwood 2 Chan bridged 350/400RMS Amp powering it it but its not enough cost me $50 second hand,, I plan to get 2 Response Amps 450RMS each to power them.

Other Stuff i got, 1 SPL 4chan (SPL is swedish for shit) (probably 200RMS) powering 4 6.5inch Speakers.

Well i wanted to see what u guys thought and had,

p.s. if this is a stupid topic then mods please remove. But i was just interested on what others thought, cuz im new to the car audio industry only got my frist sub 2 months ago but i have 1 friend who competes and is upgrading his system to 40,000RMS Subs (Yes thats right 40,000) So he's helping me out.

Well just wanted opinions

Offline Colzie

• Type X BITCH!
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
Re: Best Subwoofers/What do you have?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 2, 2005, 11:56PM »
ive got a phat ass Clarion 12" 650w subwoofer, its awesome, and ive got that powered by a Boss BA2900 1000w amp (Boss LMAO but hey, still hasnt broke :P) all up i got the sub and amp for $200 (mates rates from Northfield)

soon plan a custom boot install too so ill let you kno once i know hahaha
get in my pants!

Offline ashman01

• post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #2 on: Jul 3, 2005, 12:11AM »
I still need to get my car b4 i can put it all in,
Should be this week sometime!

The sub is in my room hooked up to my pc.

I plan to custom put shit in to. I want to make the custom parcel shelf for the pioneer 6x9S I'm going to get in the future. was reading the DIY b4.

We should organise a ANTRX Sound off some day!

Offline Sheldon

• antrx.com junkie
  • The Beasty Beast
« Reply #3 on: Jul 3, 2005, 12:16AM »
i got an eclipse 12 inch high perfomance sub its 350rms but i am only running 100rms to it and it still goes hard!!! sounds nice aswell and the good thing is they are designed for small enclosures which helps it takes up hardly any room
If only the KA24E was KA24ET!!

Offline Colzie

• Type X BITCH!
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Jul 3, 2005, 01:56AM »
i made a custom shelf for my car... my car is a hatch tho which makes the sound different
get in my pants!

Offline PeteSSS

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #5 on: Jul 3, 2005, 02:40AM »
I have a single 15" Fusion Powerplant, power being 600WRMS, powered by an Alpine V12 mono amp, power 550WRMS at 2 ohms. They go together extremely well and distortion is nearly nothing. Not that i can hear anyway. Used to have two fusions but i miss calculated the dimensions of the enclosures when i went to make them and as such only one will fit. Basically then said fark this and sold it, one is ample anyway.

I use JBL speakers throughout including tweeters at the top of the A pillars, that complete the sound well.. All speakers off a second Alpine amp. Total value of the system is well under $2000 including H/U as i did much of the work myself to save on labour cost getting a shop to do it.

Incidently, 40,000wrms?!?!?!  :o :o :o Seriously, thats an obscene amount of juice how would u power that? It'd drain several batteries in like one beat if used on the road. Sounds nuts.

cheers

one day i will learn to fly, but for now, hospital seems better

Offline Asephx

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #6 on: Jul 3, 2005, 04:34AM »
i got a Rockford Fosgate 12" 'Punch' P2 sub 200rms/400peak ($310) (non bs ratings :p) running off a Rockford Fosgate P4004 4ch amp ($630)

the amp also powers my front Focal splits and rear focals are off the head unit

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #7 on: Jul 3, 2005, 06:53PM »
i have 2 x MTX Thunder 5500 series subs (350wrms) running at 2 ohm off an MTX Thunder 801D (1000wrms @ 2ohm)

Subs: Now i have 1 DD (Digital Designs, Best subs in the world) 10inch with 650RMS - Cost me 100$ with custem made box included.
But i plan to upgrade to 2 DD 10 inches in a few months

DD's Rocksaw  :P

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline weasel

• antrx.com moderator
  • post whore
  • ooooweeeooooo
« Reply #8 on: Jul 3, 2005, 07:28PM »
i've got two 12" JL Audio W3 subs, dual voice coil 300wrms each powered by a blaupunkt "burning Desire" 2 channel ?monoblock? (i think) amp putting 500wrms @ 2ohm into each of them

was enough to get me around 144db can't remember exactly now as it was over a year ago so ???
"Noss is God"

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #9 on: Jul 3, 2005, 07:43PM »
I have an alpine r type 12" running off an alpine vpower 350 rms mono-block amp. Pioneer splits soon to be run off another alpine amp at 40 x 4 wrms (running pioneer three way network so the four channel amp will run the splits up front, 2 mid drivers 2 tweeters)
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline ashman01

• post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #10 on: Jul 3, 2005, 08:28PM »
i have 2 x MTX Thunder 5500 series subs (350wrms) running at 2 ohm off an MTX Thunder 801D (1000wrms @ 2ohm)
DD's Rocksaw  :P

DAmn straight buddy! I dont no why more people dont have them? They are the best subs in the world and stats show that and they are not cheap. But give me 1 month and i will be able to supply them to Antrx members for cheap, (i no a guy who knows a guy sort of thing).

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #11 on: Jul 4, 2005, 08:09PM »
i think its mainly the price, way to expensive for the average joe, i was gonna get some for my car, but if i got 2 12's it would have doubled the cost of the gear

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline ashman01

• post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #12 on: Jul 4, 2005, 08:24PM »
i can get them cheap, Friend knows the importer for DD for Aus, Believe it or not he lives in Bundel (Gold Coast)

I will go and see if this month and Suss out prices for u guys.

Oh and my DD only cost 100 with box!

Oh and this is mine with a diff cone:

« Last Edit: Jul 4, 2005, 08:27PM by ashman01 »