Author Topic: Any one watch the clipsal???  (Read 3702 times)

Offline bluebird_obsession

• antrx.com full member
  • Pintara TRX-my baby
Any one watch the clipsal???
« on: Mar 4, 2007, 12:21AM »
I know this is a nissan forum....  8) but did any one watch the clipsal today??? or has gone to see it live???

Which do you prefer? Ford..Holdens..both...neither??? if you had to choose...!!  :)

Bluey bb

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
Re: Any one watch the clipsal???
« Reply #1 on: Mar 4, 2007, 02:56AM »
I didn't watch it, but I wouldn't buy either cars personally. When I do watch I go for holden. Murphy is the man I go for when I do watch.

I just dont like how they are using engine blocks that were used back in 1998. They should be using current motors. Yes holden has less technology in there motor's. But holden has more displacement. Use current motors, then it becomes more interesting. Two manufactures is boring, 50/50 chance your brand of choice will win. Yay. Atleast in F1 they have alot more companys.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline Taiwan Corsair

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Mar 4, 2007, 08:18AM »
I wouldn't choose a Falcon or Commodoor as my car (they guzzle fuel and most of the ones I could afford are auto... and they're shitboxes) iether, but that doesn't stop me enjoying seeing a watching bunch of them going at it on the track. Its a pretty entertaining sort of event. In my opinion its more interesting then formular 1 because its less precise. The way those F1 cars grip the track, fast as they may be, they seem somhow to be less alive, less real than the V8 cars. I think the V8's leave more room for driver personality because they are a bit less sophisticated and a bit more rough and ready.

Having said that, I'm missing it this year, being too busy and all.

(This may do well to get moved to the 'Motorsport' section??)
« Last Edit: Mar 4, 2007, 08:22AM by 27corsair27 »

Offline dafurn

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #3 on: Mar 4, 2007, 04:36PM »
Hey i went to the clipsal yesterday it was pretty awesome. watched the sweeper at turn eight for most of the day thats the best corner cos they re going flat chat. wouldnt buy ford or holden just because dont really like them personally. only prob with clipsal was i got burnt to a crisp and general admission cost $71  :o.

Offline bluebird_obsession

• antrx.com full member
  • Pintara TRX-my baby
« Reply #4 on: Mar 4, 2007, 05:38PM »
lol $71 that pretty cheap if ya ask me, yeah i wouldnt buy either neither. Yeah i went to last year's clipsal was ok. lol burnt to a crisp, that's no good did ya forget to slip slop slap?? :D

Yeah i agree its good entertainment....

Offline Taiwan Corsair

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #5 on: Mar 6, 2007, 10:03AM »
yeah i wouldnt buy either neither.

Please note: When I say I wouldn't buy a ford... I don't include Nissans that have been cosmetically modified and sold by ford ;)

Offline CORz4CoNCeRN

• antrx.com junior member
  • V 2.0 Older, Dumber but a bit FASTER!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 6, 2007, 02:08PM »
Yeah same..as much as i like the Rivalry and love the Supercar series my allegiances are mainly with FORD(even though my Ford uses nissan technology!)

I just reckon that its great for Australia to have its own brand of motorsport like we do with football (AFL)..  Its a great breeding ground for new talent to take on the world like Marcus Ambrose is doing in Nascar..And its an Aussie Icon thats almost fading as fast as the price of cheap imports from Japan!!

Also nothin beats sledging a Holden Fan whenever the chance arises!
Winning Bathurst last year was priceless but losing the Championship really ate at me  >:(cos now all Commonwhore drivers think they the shit!!   ???AArgh!
And with those Kelly Bro's my ears could be burning all season!! :-X
Only Cheap Wine Comes in 5 Litres...;-)

Offline Taiwan Corsair

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2007, 04:20PM »
I just reckon that its great for Australia to have its own brand of motorsport like we do with football (AFL)..  Its a great breeding ground for new talent to take on the world like Marcus Ambrose is doing in Nascar..And its an Aussie Icon thats almost fading as fast as the price of cheap imports from Japan!!

One reason we get Aussie talent in the V8's (as opposed to F1) is because its a bit more democratic and less corperatised. Sure a V8 team still has to raise some pretty big $$$ in sponsorship to stay afloat... but at least a lot of the teams are sponsored by local companies and are driving locally made cars, which is good for keeping jobs here. If it wasn't for the iconic status of the V8's the Australian car industry would probably be a lot smaller... especially with John Howard's fatalistic attitude to some misterious thing called 'market forces'

If they had an ANTRX 500 and we could watch a lot of modified TRX's racing VS hondas, then I'd watch that instead, though!
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2007, 04:26PM by Taiwan Corsair »