Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Milford

• resident clown
  • post whore
Advice please
« on: May 26, 2005, 10:08PM »
ive realised that i need to upgrade my speakers. the back ones are fine, just some pioneer 6x9's but i need something for the front.
what speaker should i get that requires little cutting, or fabrication, etc. im not after anything special, i just want my sound to be decently balanced, it all comes from the back at the moment.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 10:42PM »
JBL make some speakers that are the same size as the stock front speakers (6 x 4 inch) so they should fit straight in with little modification (you'll most likely have to drill new mounting holes, but that may not be neccesary)
Mounting them on an mdf base and then bolting that to the door would slightly improve the sound quality.

http://strathfield.com.au/ViewProduct.asp?ProdID=998

Your stereo would be stil be biased towards the rear though, so maybe consider some 6.5inch speakers instead,which should improve the midbass up front.  They can still be fitted under the door trim but I think you need to modify the inside of the original speaker cover slightly.

Offline JIMB0

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 11:27PM »
6.5" speakers fit in the existing hole, however they will most likely be too deep and foul the window when it is wound down. To overcome this you must fit a spacer behind the speaker which brings it out further from the door. When using a spacer it makes for a tight fit with the door trim.

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 02:12PM »
Like what Tas said, those JBL's are good, and they crank for a small speaker, but if need be, get a set of pioneer 6 inch 3 way 180w speakers (TSA1670S) or the Kenwood Equivelent (KFCM1625IE), they should fit without fowling the window, mounting depth for those is about 44mm so there should be enough space there.

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan